Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting the toyomoto header and race pipe, but my MPG already is pretty low (17.5). I'm worried that the eliminating the rear o2 sensor with an o2 sim will drop the MPG a bit. If you have a header set up, how much did your MPG drop?

· Registered
3,314 Posts
My setup didn't drop down that much, but then again, I like to here the sound of the exhaust at WOT therefor, my MPG goes down, but with normal driving, it has stayed the same, getting about 320 miles per tank, not too bad.

· Premium Member
4,610 Posts
fuct said:
320 per tank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good god man, u must never go over 2500 rpm's

i'm happy to get 220 on a full tank....
no way :eek:

I noticed no change in my mpg
gettin about 22 :D

One interesting thing I would liek to share is that I go long haul with the syn oil. 12K on oil 6K on filter. Well I had an amsoil filter and decided to let it go a little longer. So I had 8K on the filter and notice my mileage drop to 19. Needless to say, it disturbed me. So I swapped out the filter and I am back to 21/22. So the efficiency of this engine is very particular to so many factors....including the heavy foot syndrome mentioned earlier.

anyway.

Fig

· Am I Hype-R???
13,622 Posts
Malekreza11 said:
with the auto i got abuot 280 per tank. ON the MT i am getting significantly less. Its just so much more fun to drive!! :p
Header will not decrease your MPG, your foot does.
i agree...in theory, when ever you increase the efficiency of the engine, you supposedly get better mileage...

the reason most people decrease their mileage is due to the fact that after installing high perf parts, you usually drive more agressively...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.