Lexus IS Forum banner

how are the Pro Lex sc kits?

4K views 64 replies 35 participants last post by  GOTTURBO 
#1 ·
there was a big debut, but now no info.
did anyone end up getting a kit?, are they shipping yet?

theres like zero feedback on this

#4 ·
James Hong said:
:chill: i guess people aren't too satisfied with the numbers and price :roll:
I believe they are still working out the last issues with the kit and are trying to get them shippable and perfect.

Hold on to your panties guys. They'll be ready soon.

#5 ·
We have been extremely busy, we are also moving into a new, larger facility on Enterprise Street in Fremont, CA. Cross streets Grimmer & Technology. A grand opening will be held soon.
Mike

#6 ·
Can't wait to see it..

Can you believe Area 51 just had a grand opening?

David

#9 ·
What the fuk was the point of "Debuting" the new supercharger if it wasn't ready?? Seems kinda f-upd to me. That's like saying guess what, bad boys II is debuting tonite, but due to technical difficulty you won't be able to watch it until next summer. Just my .02s

#10 ·
i'm still curious to know 1/4 times...because the HP #'s seem very low and not too appealing....

but for the money they are asking...u can get a stage 1 turbo kit for about the same, and get more peformance out of it...plus future upgradability...

whereas the S/C leaves very little for future upgrades...

i wonder just how much interest there is with the S/C

#13 ·
Who said they are "not ready", some of you act like you are in high school listening to every rumor you hear and act like it is a fact then add your own $.02 then pass it along. :shame:

We have been very busy, remember, not everyone who has a IS300 is on this forum and we are not a internet based company. We have expanded to a new, larger R&D and installation facility just for the demand. 330hp is a great, reliable, everyday number for the price, not to mention the quality and attention paid to every detail of the kits. We are not here to develop drag cars or a one off high hp turbo kit.
Mike

2jz said:
What the fuk was the point of "Debuting" the new supercharger if it wasn't ready?? Seems kinda f-upd to me. That's like saying guess what, bad boys II is debuting tonite, but due to technical difficulty you won't be able to watch it until next summer. Just my .02s

#16 ·
pmergler said:
tsopranoMB said:

The PLP Vortech SC will be upgradable. I am very interested in it! I would love to have an install it and forget about it boost to my car. 100% maintenance free is great.
100% maintenance free?? Wow....where does it say that??!

#17 ·
Wino_II said:
pmergler said:
tsopranoMB said:

The PLP Vortech SC will be upgradable. I am very interested in it! I would love to have an install it and forget about it boost to my car. 100% maintenance free is great.
only a maniac would belive that, even a intake mod requires maintainence

regularly

#18 ·
mokujin101 said:
Wino_II said:
pmergler said:
tsopranoMB said:

regularly
From PLP's website on the Powerdyne SC, "This system maintains all OBD-II functions and is 100% maintenance free. The Powerdyne Supercharger is backed by a comprehensive 2 year limited warranty**. The system installs 8 hours using normal hand tools and no irreversible modifications to the car is necessary"

Also the only routine maintenance that I have heard of with the Vortech that is different is the oil line, but the line is run from the normal oil system of the car so all you need to do is continue your regular oil changes...correct Mike?

Why would you not believe that. Many cars come from the factory with stage 1 turbo and SC kits all the time with nothing out of the ordinary on the maintenace except normal 5k intervals.

#19 ·
pmergler said:
mokujin101 said:
Wino_II said:
pmergler said:
tsopranoMB said:

regularly
From PLP's website on the Powerdyne SC, "This system maintains all OBD-II functions and is 100% maintenance free. The Powerdyne Supercharger is backed by a comprehensive 2 year limited warranty**. The system installs 8 hours using normal hand tools and no irreversible modifications to the car is necessary"

Also the only routine maintenance that I have heard of with the Vortech that is different is the oil line, but the line is run from the normal oil system of the car so all you need to do is continue your regular oil changes...correct Mike?

Why would you not believe that. Many cars come from the factory with stage 1 turbo and SC kits all the time with nothing out of the ordinary on the maintenace except normal 5k intervals.
i think what they mean is that everything you just mentioned still falls under the maintenance category.

Also remember from the units they showed at the Carson meet, you have to relocate your factory ABS. I'm not sure if they are going to change that or not but just be aware of it.

#20 ·
PoloBoy168 said:
pmergler said:
mokujin101 said:
Wino_II said:
pmergler said:
tsopranoMB said:

regularly

i think what they mean is that everything you just mentioned still falls under the maintenance category.

Also remember from the units they showed at the Carson meet, you have to relocate your factory ABS. I'm not sure if they are going to change that or not but just be aware of it.
The relocation is for the Vortech only, I believe, the Powerdyne will also take much less than 8 hours for install, very simple install and a great power booster.

#21 ·
IS Pilot said:
We have been extremely busy, we are also moving into a new, larger facility on Enterprise Street in Fremont, CA. Cross streets Grimmer & Technology. A grand opening will be held soon.
Mike
Mike, still remember me? Congrats on the move, BTW. Maybe we locals can all swing by the shop during the grand opening. :wink:

#23 ·
takes some time, but does not hurt it at all......

David

#25 ·
Congrats on the move to bigger spaces Mike look forward to seeing more great stuff....

& 330 HP is GREAT power!!!

" HP #'s not that impressive."..??

who are you kidding!!!

330HP is plenty for a daily driver & or someone who is not just interested in emulating stoopid movies & gettin' all 'ricky racer' while spending mommy & daddy's money on their hotrods.....

& not everyone gives a SHITT about 1/4 mile times..?? howmany of you kids are into racing the 1/4 regularly... in your 3-40k STREET car weighing 3500+ pounds :crazy: .. :shame:

if you want to fly down a race track build up a nice old camaro or other big block or a little civic with a big turbo & bare metal chassis...you'lll spend alot less & have alot more fun NOT risking your beautiful street car.....

...shsseessh why bother.. .it'll take 10 years before most of the kids on this board venture out into & even BEGIN to understand, the real world.... :roll: there is a big ol' & much more serious world out there beyond yer keyboards & body kits... :crazy:

#26 ·
I feel the same way. 330 at the crank is a great number considering it's just with the s/c. With the y-pipe and catback you will gain even bigger gains then you would N/A. So considering 15hp from N/A.. it's safe to say at least 25 whp with the s/c 270+25=295 hp at the wheels and I really don't think that 295 will be at the peak at fucking 6,500 RPM. I personally think with the Powerdine s/c, y-pipe, and exhaust you will without dought be in the 13s... exactly where I don't know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.