Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,
I was wondering if any IS300 owners in or around the Houston, TX area wanna meet up? I've seen a few scattered IS300s driving around the past week... but never actually got to meet any. Give me an email or respond to this. Thanks!

------------------
White IS300
Houston, TX

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Whats up...
I live in Austin...I plan on getting the is soon. Its a big monopoly down here only one beamer and one lexus dealer so they wont budge on the price! Can you tell me how much you got yours for? And if you can tell me if it is cheaper in houston or austin..
thanks
mike

·
Registered
19 Posts
I went to Lexus Austin and the as****e sales guy said they would come off $500--period. He let me walk. I got on the internet and started to request pricing. I ended up buyin one for $1000 off MSRP--loaded w/ every option. I'm used to starting at invoice and working up, but not on such a hot car. You're right though--do NOT buy your car in Austin--go to Dallas or Houston.

------------------
Austin
'01 IS300 - Black/Tan

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually wasn't able to go down on the MSRP, however I was able to increase the value of the trade-in from what they initially offered... basically doubled it in fact!! So if you have a car you wanna trade-in... you can definitely get the price down (on the new car) by using your old car as a lever. Bring someone like your dad or a female that can really nag... it really helps. =D

------------------
White IS300
Houston, TX

·
Registered
76 Posts
Badman,

I live in Dallas, but I was in Houston yesterday in my yellow IS300. It got a lot of stares, and even a thumbs up from a car full of teenagers.

I went out to eat last night in Houston, and as the valet was getting into my car, this 35-ish guy waiting in line for the valet to bring him his car kindof stammered excitedly..."wha...where'd you get that? I mean...is that one of those weird models? Umm...I mean...is that a new one?!? Is that the one they've been advertising?!?" I told him it that yes, it was the new 2001 Lexus IS300. He was very excited to see it. I just had to laugh at him asking if it was "one of those weird models".

--Nancy

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Nancy,
Did you happen to cruise down Westheimer saturday night? I was over at the corner of Westheimer/Wilcrest (near that Target) around 11pm. People usually meet up there every Sat. night to show off/check out people's cars. I left the parking lot as soon as another white is300 pulled up =( . But then I heard that it got pulled over by the po-po's a few minutes after I had left =). I definitely have to do some modifications to it now... so far all I have is a decepticon sticker on it. Have you done any changes yet?

------------------
White IS300
Houston, TX

·
Registered
76 Posts
Badman--

Yes, I was on Westheimer Saturday night, but didn't see any other IS300s. I was there around 9-ish though...not 11.

All I've done to my car is have the amplifier and subwoofer from my old Honda Passport added in the trunk--the extra bass kick really helps out the stereo. I'm waiting to finish a roll of film before I can get some pictures of it developed. It isn't a super-fancy installation or anything--just plain, simple, and effective.

--Nancy

(Member #1 in the ltuned.org IS300 Owner Registry)

·
Registered
654 Posts
I was on Westheimer on Saturday, but around 9 o'clock. I too went to Miami Subs, the place where all the cars gather, which has been dubbed "Drag Wars." When I got there, I parked my IS far away and walked toward the crowd to see what was there. I didn't see any imports at all!... All Mustangs, Trans Ams, Camaros...sheesh... I got back in my car and drove through some of them, got cut off by some motorcycle, and left. Man, I could feel a hundred eyes looking at me... hehehe...

Going there has given me a new reason to get aftermarket parts for my IS... to showoff!

[This message has been edited by shadoh6 (edited September 06, 2000).]

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Shadoh,
What color IS do you have? I've heard of only a few that have passed by miami subs... so far.. 2 whites, and 1 yellow. We should meet up at subs this saturday.. I usually go later at night (11pm-midnight)because that's when the import cars show up. I went early last month like at 10pm once and all there was were american muscle cars. I didn't really fit in but I still did get a few crowds. Then starting at about 2 weeks ago.. cops started scarin people off the lot.. but last week wasn't too bad. Well, let me know what to look for.. if you see a white IS, look for that decepticon symbol and that would be me!

------------------
White IS300
Houston, TX

·
Registered
654 Posts
I drive a SBM IS300 and I may drop by Miami Subs today. Maybe I'll see ya there!

By the way, I saw a white IS300 last night on Westheimer taking a turn in the median. I honked my horn at him... was that you???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Austin...where did you purchase your car at?...and Nancy...how much did you pay for yours? I live in Dallas and I haven't gotten a good deal on them yet. The price that I've been quoted for was 37 after taxes.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got mine at Sterling McCall. They couldn't go down on the MSRP...but they did eventually give me a phat trade-in value on the car I had. You just have to wheel and deal... really well. I'm almost certain they have atleast one or two cars on hand. I was lucky because a new shipment of cars came in while I was there. Good luck!!

------------------
White IS300
Houston, TX

·
Registered
76 Posts
TizOrion,

I got my car at Grapevine Park Place. Sales guy was Mike Moore, a really nice guy. Got it in July and paid retail, but got a very good deal in my trade in ('96 Honda Passport). I love the dealership.

Nancy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts