Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been putting suspension pieces on car, 1 at a time so that I can feel the difference each makes. Here's a quick impression on how each changes the car.

1. Hotchkis - I installed these on stock suspension and set it stiff/soft, definitely reduced body roll, but caused the car to oversteer a LOT, I do not recommend these as the only suspension upgrade or the first upgrade you do.

2. Tein CS - car is lowered 1"F and 1.5"R, stiffness at 12F 10R, stiffer ride, neutralized the oversteer from the sways, higher cornering speed, slightly rougher over uneven roads, slightly more suspension noise, car LOOKS better!

3. PLP CL front bar - HUGE improvement in ride quality, better steering feel, HUGE reduction in body twist

4. TRD rear bar - higher overall body rigidity, better ride quality

Car is now absolutely awesome to drive with no sacrifice to ride quality. The only tiny negative is the slight reduction in hight clearance. I think the IS300 really benefits from chassis stiffening because when it was stock, it really didn't like going over moderate sized bumps/dips or rough pavement, but now it just rolls over them with hardly any noise or steering wheel jerk.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
very nice man...how much did everything run you? are you planning adding the braces underneath the car?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts