Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for all the hotchkis sway bar owners who did your own install did any of you had to enlarge the opening where the endlinks go in?? i installed the rear sway bar last night and both holes were too small to fit the endlink screw. no biggie just dremeled the hole a little bigger took 10 mins to get it right but lost the red powdercoat there so im sure it will rust up, but i figure for $360 sway bars they would have thought of this. anyone else had this problem???

·
Apricot idea killer
18,211 Posts
I think I talked with either someone AT hotchkis or one of their distributors last year - they actually said when they install the sways they use the dremel quite a bit to get a better fit. I didn't run into it myself, but it's certainly done by others.

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
It only took about 15min to remove the stock and install the rear. No problems and didn't even have to jack the car up.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Hmmm....looks like hotchkis needs to double check. Did you have to use the dremel for the front and the rear? If it was only one side...is ur car brand new? Maybe a previous owner had to switch the end links and put a different size on there lol.

After the install...do check the nut that bolt onto the endlink. When I was painting my caliper 2 months ago..I was under the car for some reason and saw the endlink hanging. The fkn nut fell off and the bar was jus hanging there pretty tight. So yea...every now and then....go under the car and check the 2 nuts to see if they are secure. Someone else on this board had the same problem. I believe it's a 14mm nut.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nope front fits fine just the rear had to be dremeled, jacked up one side of the car, dont see how that would be relevent. the hole jsut wasnt big enough, kinda like that girl you took her virginity from....

·
Apricot idea killer
18,211 Posts
goohead said:
nope front fits fine just the rear had to be dremeled, jacked up one side of the car, dont see how that would be relevent. the hole jsut wasnt big enough, kinda like that girl you took her virginity from....
oh christ! Please don't tell me you jacked up one side at a time?!

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Jacking up one side at a time is a big no-no with sways.

The suspension should be evenly loaded, if not completely unloaded.

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
FourT6and2 said:
Jacking up one side at a time is a big no-no with sways.

The suspension should be evenly loaded, if not completely unloaded.
So how do you change a flat?

If you are referring to working on the suspension, well, ok get the whole car in the air. But that first statement doesn't make much sense.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i checked fitment of the sway once on the ground made sure they are even, everything looks ok

i replaced the endlinks at the same time so the threads had loctite green on it im put some loctite blue on the front whenever i get off my lazy ass

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Yogi_TRD said:
So how do you change a flat?

If you are referring to working on the suspension, well, ok get the whole car in the air. But that first statement doesn't make much sense.
Notice how I say "with sways." So yes, I was talking about working on the suspension.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts