Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,
im looking to get a some springs that lower my car about 1.0-1.5 inches. I will definitely be keeping stock shocks though, and am not gonna get any sways. I will also be keeping my stock wheels. Which do you think is a better settup, the hotchkis or h&r sports? I dont really know much about hotchkis, except that it says it lowers 1.5 in front and 1.0 in rear. that seems like a big gap.
thanks,
dario

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
if your looking for about an inch drop h&r's definately not what you are looking for it drops about ~2"
you either want hotchkis 1", eibach 1", teins 1.5", or tanabe 1.5"

i recommend the hotchkis, im going to be getting the spring/sway combo

·
Virgin Magnet
8,553 Posts
tanabe went down more than 1.5 i think its more closer to 2 up front a little less in the back. but it isn't over 2 for sure

·
Founder
8,520 Posts
For a 1" drop on stock shocks, go for Hotchkis.

And you've gotta to be on crack to pass up the sways/springs combo for $499. Anyone here will tell you, new sways make an incredible difference in the way the IS handles.

·
Registered
36 Posts
K3RRY said:
if your looking for about an inch drop h&r's definately not what you are looking for it drops about ~2"
you either want hotchkis 1", eibach 1", teins 1.5", or tanabe 1.5"

i recommend the hotchkis, im going to be getting the spring/sway combo
H&r's arnt that low. they are 1.4 in the front and 1.5 in the back. Most people running the h&r setup dont have any problem with camber wear at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts