Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got mine installed and my front is set on the stiffest setting while the rear are on soft... anyone's settings different? (i do feel some understeer only on hard turns and while i'm going fast.. so i'm thinking about just the rear on a stiffer setting)

·
Registered
176 Posts
skfds said:
i just got mine installed and my front is set on the stiffest setting while the rear are on soft... anyone's settings different? (i do feel some understeer only on hard turns and while i'm going fast.. so i'm thinking about just the rear on a stiffer setting)
The IS300 already understeers in stock form. In general, increasing the effective diameter of the front will cause your car to understeer even more. I'd recommend you go soft on the front and medium to full stiff on the rear, if you want the car to oversteer. If you are running high spring rates, I'd suggest you ease up on the sway bars, i.e. go less aggressvie. Otherwise you will have compliance issues.

·
Virgin Magnet
8,553 Posts
i have both on stiff, and i feel good bit of understeer, i think i need to change the front to the softer setting. i drove around on the rear bar installed and the front bar stock and it andled pretty nicely for a auto cross setup car came around very very nicely and very controlable, not drifting, but just no understeer, try it and se for yourself, set the rear up stiff and shocks nuetral, stock fornt sway bar, i was impressed.

i did it just goof off, i dropped the car back down and wanted to play around. ( a break from wrenching, i was working on a porsche before my car) it was fun.

i don't think i would suggest it for the street, especially not to those that don't autocross or track the car, oversteer can very easilly catch you off guard and can be very dangerous, especialyl in traffic

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm getting mine put in next week .So it looks like if you match the trd yellows holes to the hotckis the set up will be soft front stiff rear ? Using eibach springs with stock shock's think that will be the best set up for my application?

·
Registered
565 Posts
i did stiff and stiff and i like it

·
Registered
190 Posts
I just got mine installed with some big help wanna give thanks To Michelle (yes a Women) Dave and Jeff (over the phone help) :D :D :D I've got the front and soft setting and I"m very happy with the preformance I'm not an agressive driver. I might go stiff in the rear but im not sure because i've got a trd rear strut bar in there as well so it might be overkill if i adjust the sway bar to stiff setting. any imput would be great

1 - 7 of 7 Posts