Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both the endlinks on my rear hotchkis sway bar are messed up. I need new ones to replace them. Does hotchkis sell them seperately? Or do i need to purchase them somewhere else? I dont know if i can use the stock end links or not

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
You are talking about the 2 nuts that attach to that little black thing with the bolt sticking out right? You can just go to a local shop that has nuts and bolts....I think the nut is 14mm....not sure though...needs to be comfirmed. One of mine feel off not too long ago and I replaced mine.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
end links are what you bolt the sway bar to, they're shaped like O--O that, like a dumbell sorta.
Currently i dont think anyone makes aftermarket endlinks, but TurboEast is developing some (as their site says).

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
^^ correct...that's why I didnt know what he was talking about when he said the endlinks on the hotchkis bars lol.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry for the confusion....i lost the end links on my rear sway...so the only option is to order the end links from lexus?

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
If you lost ur end links on ur sways...wouldnt you also lose ur sway bar since the whole thing came off...I would say lexus would be a good choice.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well now i just need the bolt for one of the rear endlinks. I think its the 14 mm bolt with the 5 mm allen wrench inside. Do you think lexus will sell this to me? Or are they going to make it a pain in the ass and make me buy the whole endlink to get the bolt? any other options?

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Not sure about ur dealer but here in hawaii...they are somewhat nicer. They know I have a bunch of aftermarket stuff on my car and told me last time dont remove the cdd or else warranty might not cover it. They also gave me a bunch of lug nuts no charge. If they are nice...they'll just give it to you...if not...the worst they will do is charge you for the nut only. You can go to any hardware store and get a 14mm nut to replace it. It doesnt have to be from lexus. The allen socket is not required since you will probably using a rachet or something to bolt and unbolt it.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the input in the thread. Ill check with lexus first. Would any 14mm bolt work? Also when torquing to spec, do i torque when the car is lifted or on the ground?

E12iC46 said:
Not sure about ur dealer but here in hawaii...they are somewhat nicer. They know I have a bunch of aftermarket stuff on my car and told me last time dont remove the cdd or else warranty might not cover it. They also gave me a bunch of lug nuts no charge. If they are nice...they'll just give it to you...if not...the worst they will do is charge you for the nut only. You can go to any hardware store and get a 14mm nut to replace it. It doesnt have to be from lexus. The allen socket is not required since you will probably using a rachet or something to bolt and unbolt it.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
I would torque when the car is lifted...but I have heard some people installed sways without jacking the car up....so I would say or believe it is safe to do it not lifted...just lift it a lil and tighten it up.....yea any 14mm nut should work. It doesnt have to have any other specs on the nut to tighten it up...the rest of those options are for people that dont have the tool or maybe have an alternative incase one of the strips.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts