Registered
11,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Huh?????????

·
Premium Member
23,115 Posts
Looks much nicer after 205 1200 ;)

BTW every time I see your name I think of the "scotty doesn't know" song from eurotrip. :lol:

·
Registered
11,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
acumenhokie said:
Looks much nicer after 205 1200 ;)

BTW every time I see your name I think of the "scotty doesn't know" song from eurotrip. :lol:
Yeah and you need to bring back Pedro.

I know, I love the new look but need more drive-ability, hoping to hear from eibach pro-kit users.

BTW 18 X 7.5 45 offset 225 front 245 rear. Most of the scraping sounds like rubbing on the plastic well liners...can you ditch those things?

·
Premium Member
4,978 Posts
Car looks nice after the Hotchkis. They should even settle a little more than that. I don't rub at all on mine but that is because I have 225/40/18 all around.

·
Premium Member
3,829 Posts
whats up with the green and yellow theme??? not feeling your calipers..... or wheels... and is that gold emblems?? omg.... i have to leave this thread.

·
Registered
589 Posts
IS300STeeZ said:
Car looks nice after the Hotchkis. They should even settle a little more than that. I don't rub at all on mine but that is because I have 225/40/18 all around.
I also bought Hotchkis, didn't install it yet, so I'm guessing I am pretty safe from rubbing with stock 17's

·
Registered
11,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lexotic Concepts said:
whats up with the green and yellow theme??? not feeling your calipers..... or wheels... and is that gold emblems?? omg.... i have to leave this thread.
Oh man, I have an original idea, maybe I'll debadge and paint my calipers red, then I'll be kewl enough for lexotic. Even better yet, maybe I'll get some Altezza badges and be all JDM and shit, then people will think I'm some awesome fucking Asian.

Thanks for the input douchebag.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Just tell em "The green is for the money and the gold for the honey"

The spring rate on the rear of the hotchkis springs are so low its no wonder the back of the car sags incredibly with any sort of load in it. I am still trying to understand why they mad the rear springs so soft with this kit.

·
Registered
11,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
IS300STeeZ said:
Even w/ passengers?

·
Premium Member
4,978 Posts
Once I had a front male passenger and 2 female passengers in the rear and I had no rubbing issues. I don't usually drive with people in the rear, only the front. 1 average sized person up front doesn't cause any issues obviously. These springs are soft though. The car does get slightly lower with people in it.

scottycameron said:
Even w/ passengers?

·
Premium Member
4,978 Posts
From what I understand, these springs are supposed to ride as close to stock as possible utilizing the stock shocks. Harder springs in the front/rear would put a lot more wear on the oem shocks.

BossMan said:
Just tell em "The green is for the money and the gold for the honey"

The spring rate on the rear of the hotchkis springs are so low its no wonder the back of the car sags incredibly with any sort of load in it. I am still trying to understand why they mad the rear springs so soft with this kit.

·
Premium Member
4,978 Posts
Maybe he's a GreenBay Packers fan? Oh well, to each his own.

Lexotic Concepts said:

·
Registered
622 Posts
Scotty,
The offset of your wheels may have more to due with your rubbing problem then the fact that its lowered. Just something to consider.

Also, is there a significant difference in your overall tire diameter compared to stock.
If so, that will contribute to rubbing and also require your speedo to be recalibrated.

·
Registered
11,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
IS300STeeZ said:
Maybe he's a GreenBay Packers fan? Oh well, to each his own.
que???

·
Registered
11,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Truthunter said:
Scotty,
The offset of your wheels may have more to due with your rubbing problem then the fact that its lowered. Just something to consider.

Also, is there a significant difference in your overall tire diameter compared to stock.
If so, that will contribute to rubbing and also require your speedo to be recalibrated.

recalibrate??? Hell no, I'm keeping something like 6% of my mileage off the car. And it's definately the soft springs causing the rubbing issues, just can't have any rear load. An eibach pro kit should cure it.

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
Lexotic Concepts said:
This dude jumped in my thread and started hating, too. I don't think you'll ever have to drive this scotty's car, and I know you will never drive mine. Didn't your mom ever tell you, "if you don't have something nice to say..." Plus, you're off topic for the thread.

Drop looks good, bro.

·
Premium Member
3,829 Posts
hey... i dont know why race and ethnicity was brought into an opinion about ones car... but obviously you are one educated man.. lol.... i never said to paint your calipers red... but they look absolutely HIDEOUS in yellow! as for the gold emblems... they were "in" back in the late 80s... we're now 20 years later.... get a clue.

just cuz people wear animals around their neck, doesn't mean it looks good. and just because they make butt plugs doesn't mean you should go out and use one....

its called, HAVE SOME FUCKING TASTE!!!!

scottycameron said:
Oh man, I have an original idea, maybe I'll debadge and paint my calipers red, then I'll be kewl enough for lexotic. Even better yet, maybe I'll get some Altezza badges and be all JDM and shit, then people will think I'm some awesome fucking Asian.

Thanks for the input douchebag.

·
Registered
8,896 Posts
scottycameron said:
recalibrate??? Hell no, I'm keeping something like 6% of my mileage off the car. And it's definately the soft springs causing the rubbing issues, just can't have any rear load. An eibach pro kit should cure it.

are you rubbing in the front or the rear?

based on your wheels specs (18x7.5 +45 offset with 225/40 tires in the front and 245 in the rear) the front should not rub at all, and the rear is rubbing because of the 245 tire size.
switch to a smaller size, perhaps 235 if you are looking for that psuedo staggered look.

or else just go with 225's all around, and you shouldn't have any issues.

·
Premium Member
3,829 Posts
LOL.... hate this hate that.... every man is entitled to his own opinions...

and i would have stayed on topic if i didn't see the rest of his car.... i forgot what the topic was about after i saw the yellow and gold..lol

the wrong tone said:
This dude jumped in my thread and started hating, too. I don't think you'll ever have to drive this scotty's car, and I know you will never drive mine. Didn't your mom ever tell you, "if you don't have something nice to say..." Plus, you're off topic for the thread.

Drop looks good, bro.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts