Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hey, I was at Hot Import Daze yesterday. The first IS near the door was almost 100% stock. It had a L-tuned grill and some different rims. THe other two ISs were pretty weak as well. The modifications appeared to be purely cosmetic. I think the highlight of the show was the Skyline.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hot Import Daze was a great show! I have to say that I was thrilled to see so many IS'...five if I counted correctly. Went to the Import show over in Sacto a couple of weeks ago and there was just one Lexus, an SC430.

Can't wait to check out the pics I took. Waiting to get my camera back from out of my buddies car. Got a picture of that Skyline!

·
Registered
104 Posts
the IS at the show were weak?? i mean the one near the door was mine, and i admit that is weak. all i have is Tien Type HA, apexi N1 exhaust, Volks SE-37, 18", and the L-tuned grill. but did you guys see the white one next to the yellow one? that white one is FLARED out, and the entire car is molded into one piece. i think that white one is the nicest IS i have ever seen. and the owner of the yellow IS, or the Carisma one, came up to me and offered me the C-Westin full bodykit for $1250. i think that's a pretty good deal since it is $450 off the retail price. the l-tuned grill cost me $210, what do you guys thinks of the price? how much does it usually cost??

·
Registered
30 Posts
You could do it two ways, one by getting any type of lights that use your cigarette lighter as a power source and just running them under the dash, but then you'd have to see the adapter and the wires. You can probably find them at any car shop that sells racing pads and other various car accessories. Anyway as for the other way Im not sure how to do it, but my friend somehow hid the wires and wired it so that he can turn them on when he turns his headlights on in addition to leaving the cigarette lighter open. When I find out how to do it that way I'll let you know how, but if you can't wait, just use option 1. As for cost, it depends on what kind of lights you get, they have small ones which run starting from 20 bucks, and i've seen some as much as 50.

[ May 01, 2001: Message edited by: IS300LEX ]

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
I think the blue lights are sick, but makes me wonder how some of those is300's got in the show?? they dont have that many mods!

·
Registered
5 Posts
YEah the cars might have been cosmetic, but
wow.....
the yellow one and the white one, right by each other.. they were nice. Especially the white one. He got molded widebody fenders.
Who ever that is i give you PROPS!.

hehe sorry i didn't look so long. i saw SVT ford focus FR2000 with that CRAZY ass wing with the hood open right in the next booth so Hopping away i went.

[ May 01, 2001: Message edited by: Asurda ]

·
Registered
355 Posts
God damn you people! your a bunch of ass's I hella wanted to go Saturday .. damnit!!!!!!

Next year I want to enter my car is the show .. Just I have to do some mods to it .. inside and out .. Damn you people! errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
boyie for a 16 year old with your IS for 2 weeks you sure make me laugh...oh well, anyway...GLK where do you get the street glow tubes and how do they install?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Originally posted by GKL68:
... I think some girl owns that white IS next to the yellow one. I believe she used this bodykit:
http://www.hanautotrends.com/carpics/lexus/00onlis300/index.htm
I was at the show, asked 'bout the white is kit. she said it a Shogun kit a combo of 2 kit. didn't get the detail of which 'cause Cherie Roberts at a booth close to dat.
You guys, see a riced out is outside. hope someone took a pic and show it here!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Originally posted by DarkzIS300:
boyie for a 16 year old with your IS for 2 weeks you sure make me laugh...oh well, anyway...GLK where do you get the street glow tubes and how do they install?

Why do I make you laugh ...?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
DarkzIS: I got my AN9 neons from straight from my friend who runs a car stereo site online http://www.lightav.com/ for $40/pr shipped. or you can buy it direct through www.streetglow.com

cis300: Man you saw cherie there?? i couldn't find her. did you take any pics of her at the show? post some pics for me pleeese!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Sorry GKL68 no pics, i didn't bring a camera, but brought a camcorder. and my friend is holding tha tape. Aiko, Cherie and Shasha are in it and some other chicks. n ofcourse. Did u get any poster?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts