Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently saw the is300 at a dealer and I fell in love with the car. But I did a tiny bit of research and found its stock hp to only be 215. So I was wondering wuts the highest amount of hp you've come across for an is300 5-speed / e-shift?

·
Registered
660 Posts
The engine of this car has incredible capacity for added mods and works very well with forced induction. Toyomoto has different stages of upgrade... stage 1 gets 340 rwhp, 2 -> 450 rwhp... www.toyomoto.com

i've heard of one IS getting over 600rwhp...

if you have the money you can make this car as fast as you want... but it's also fun to drive just plain stock.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
it all depends on your budget, i've read about 400/500 hp monsters but the most i've seen was 606 hp, be prepared to empty out your wallets and then go into your bank account, it's not cheap

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you're willing to spend so much money on making this car go fast, why don't you just buy another car that has all this hp already in it when it's stock?

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
For maybe six g's you could get your car to around the 320-340 rwhp mark. The 215 hp quoted from the factory is crank hp, so the 320-340 mark I just mentioned would actually be closer to 400 crank HP. Basically, it would be pretty damn fast.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
curtis500 said:
If you're willing to spend so much money on making this car go fast, why don't you just buy another car that has all this hp already in it when it's stock?
Name a comparable car that you can get for the price with 600 hp.

I didn't think so.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
quick said:
curtis500 said:

I didn't think so.
'03 Cobra with a pully change, full exhaust, chip upgrade, and other minor bolt-ons will get you around 450+rwhp, which translates to around 510-530 crank HP. Not quite 600 HP, but it can be done for around $35-36K.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
quick was wrong, it was supposed to be, named a car that have a quality matched with is300 and produce 400 hp + for 45k

btw dernick, its a ford, got the cliche ?

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
Dernick said:
quick said:
curtis500 said:

I didn't think so.
'03 Cobra with a pully change, full exhaust, chip upgrade, and other minor bolt-ons will get you around 450+rwhp, which translates to around 510-530 crank HP. Not quite 600 HP, but it can be done for around $35-36K.
True, but who wants to be seen driving around in a POS Mustang? Maybe if your name was Cleetus the Slack Jawed Yokel....

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
DJPoop said:
True, but who wants to be seen driving around in a POS Mustang? Maybe if your name was Cleetus the Slack Jawed Yokel....
If only you would drive one and see for yourself instead of making ignorant remarks, you might actually appreciate the car's power.

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
Dernick said:
DJPoop said:
If only you would drive one and see for yourself instead of making ignorant remarks, you might actually appreciate the car's power.
I've driven several Cobras. I admit it has awsome power. The best part is if you have one, you'll be the coolest guy in the trailer park. **Woot Woot**

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
Dernick said:
quick said:
curtis500 said:

I didn't think so.
that's great but there are other things to consider such as reliability and the fact that it's a POS mustang...don't get me wrong, my brother has one but man is that thing nasty...for 3 more grand, you have a nice lexus that's got more horsies and lighter?

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
DJPoop said:
Dernick said:
DJPoop said:
I've driven several Cobras. I admit it has awsome power. The best part is if you have one, you'll be the coolest guy in the trailer park. **Woot Woot**
I'm not even going to start on this. If only I could bash you for your 'ricer' (but then again, I have one too 8) ).

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
this is hilarious, a far cry from the truth, but still phrased pretty humorously

DJPoop said:
Maybe if your name was Cleetus the Slack Jawed Yokel....

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
I love this car! Works well with mods, handles great, looks awesome, what more could you ask for, with price it carries 8)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Dernick said:
quick said:

I didn't think so.
Is that really a comparable car?

Let's see:
IS300 - Cobra
4 door - 2 door
high quality - low quality
luxury sport sedan - pony car

I rest my case.
Any other takers? :roll:

·
Registered
273 Posts
The most horse power I've read about is 606 rwhp. There was an article on it in Turbo Magazine. It's in their November 2001 edition. The kit is by Toyomoto.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
is300_ownZ.....The car is a great platform....And if you have the cash to put into it can be one of the best all around cars you can find for the money......Now we know money doesn't grow on trees but just think about this.....You can get a IS for let's say 30k.......if you put anywhere from 8-30 grand into you go from having a M3 killer to a "most anything else killer".....

Now you may say 30 grand HOLY SH*T.....And yeah for that matter 30k is a LOTTTT of money....BUT...and there is always a but....you pay the 30 for the car + the 30 into it and you have a $60,000 car that has more in it then ANYTHING produced from the factory for under $100,000 and it's got even more then some of those 100k cars.....You also still have a Luxury Sedan with the Lexus name and all that comes with it.....

It's all up to you how much you want to spend and how much you really want from the car.....Yes you can go buy a CObra and do those mods but it's still a FORD.....You can also take 30k buy a Supra for lets say 25ish put the other 5 in it and hell one of the greatest cars ever produced...But if you're looking for the luxury,style, 4 Doors and a lil' bit of the sleep look the IS is the only way to go.....

As far as how much power the IS can make.....Well as of right now I have the highest hp IS300......I'm not gonna release the offical number but it's over 615rwhp......THere have been 2 others to hit the 600rwhp mark...The previous best was a car built by Peter Farrel for his shop that we haven't really heard much from other then being a dud at the Car and Driver shoot out......and then there's the "Infamous 606 car" from TOYOMOTO that was making that power TWO years agao and through a Auto..........There will be higher then me once GTE and Randy release their numbers or get their car done (respectivly) but for now it's me at the top waiting for some company.....

Dan
02' MSM IS300
STOCK.....
.......It comes with the T-70 and the 6-Speed right ?....
TOYOMOTO Built & Tuned
"I'm so far ahead of my time, I'm bout to start another life
Look behind you, I'm bout to pass you twice"......S.C.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
14 Participants
dt1313
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing