Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys and ladies as of March 24 i will be moving to Alberta.. I got a job offer where they are paying me very very very well and provided me with a house and a leased grand cherokee to get around.

As for my project it will be on hold for a while until i can ship it to alberta or I might jsut end up selling it and use the money as a down payment for a ISF and use it for a summer car..

Sorry I wont be able to make it out to the kennedy commons lexus meets no more or to the dinner invites. unles when i come back to visit I can still come out..

thanks for the great times in toronto and hopefully Alberta lexus meets will be just as good...

·
Registered
473 Posts
Best of Luck to you. You sure know where the big BUCKS are! I was tempted to move to around there too...i'm an auto tech and techs there make crazy money but housing is expensive and i'm too young to move out..haha

Grand Cherokee? becareful not to make a fast turn like with IS300/350....you'll roll the damm thing...then it will be "Roll Up the Rim to Lose" hahha anyway good luck!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Welcome to Alberta! Hopefully youll love it here. I do. Hope to see the car here as well as see you as some meets. Where about are you moving here?

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Oh damn, Fort Mcmurray is where the $$ is at...but it's not that fun to live up there. At least that's what i hear from people who work up there.... don't mean to make you feel bad. But i'm sure you'll manage :)

Reactions: LEXIGRL

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
Heard lots of Newphies out there. Up to 80% of the population?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I have friends there.my guess is you will be back.Good Luck

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Congratulations, good luck..i hope its better down there then it is up here.

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
I moved to Edmonton and recently to Calgary from Nova Scotia almost three years ago. Haven't looked back yet. I love it out here...

Congrats, and good luck...

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hey man keep intouch on the forums and save some cash for a rainy day :)

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
oh god thats a horrible place to live... but if you got your shit together you can make alota money quick, just stay away from the drugs gambling and booz
The level of drug addicts and alcoholics up there are pretty high. It's a hard place to live i guess....but just take it easy up there. Keep you head straight and maybe buy a PS3 to keep you entertained :p

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I should be good I dont drink and i don tsmoke and never even tried any form of drug including smoking a cig..

yeah my plan is just to go up for 2-3 years make as much money as posible come back and put a very large down payment on a house so my monthly will be like 500.. oh and buy an ISF or a 6 series beamer dem dear beamers are sweet..

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Heard lots of Newphies out there. Up to 80% of the population?
no its not 80% its only 75%.. also heard that they have a charterd plane that flys to newfoundland on fridays and picks up women and bring them back as its mostly men in that city..

hopefully i will be able to get cheap lobster

mind u for a bachelor bedroom there is 1700 a month and a one bedroom is 2200 and each bedroom after that is a grand more..

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The level of drug addicts and alcoholics up there are pretty high. It's a hard place to live i guess....but just take it easy up there. Keep you head straight and maybe buy a PS3 to keep you entertained :p
dont worry i have my ps3 360 and wii thats comming with me hopefully they will have high speed

·
Registered
13 Posts
Generally speaking Alberta is pretty hick and the weather is garbage (snow/cold, mosquitos in the summer) but it can be really fun if you get to know the right people... i've had some of the best weekends of my life there!

Good luck man

1 - 18 of 18 Posts