Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This bboard/forum has been up and running pretty much non stop for a long time now. Tony - your choices on hardware, software and ISP seem to be getting the job done real well.

Nice one.

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
hell yeah. nice color scheme, easy on the eyes. nice, convenient, logical layout/format (like the IS) nothing unnecessary, i've only had trouble getting in once or twice and that was at the very beginning and lasted o relatively short time. i spend a lot of time here, and i guess you guys are doing something right, either that or i have no life, oh well. kudos. good show old chap. we appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Yeah.. thanks tony.. from all of us guys who have nothing better to do at work/school than to check the message boards all day... =)

That old 486 DX server you chose seemed to hold up pretty well!!

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Thanks all.

As for the color scheme the only thing I need to change is the navigation at the top. Dark blue on black isn't always visible

If you're interested in the setup, is300.net lives on a server with montero-sport.com and technocraft.com. I've moved everything else that used to be there onto a couple Cobalt RAQ's. Anyway, this server is a dual Pentium Pro 200 with 256 mb (I think) of RAM. It runs some frankenstein distro of Linux and uses Apache as the webserver and PHP for most things.

I share a T1 with a real estate office I used to work for and keep my servers there. I've changed T1 providers three times in three years and moved equipment at least three times. And have done each of those things at least once while is300.net has been online.

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

·
Registered
162 Posts
Thanks for the great site!!

You guys (Tony/TEG) have provided me with many, many, many, hours of entertainment and information. We all owe you.

I feel like I'm part of an exclusive "club". It's like an unadvertised benefit of owning an IS (which I don't, yet). This forum has definitely helped in my decision to get one. I do like BMW's, but I am really turned off by that forum and the people in it. I decided against getting a BMW because I really don't want to be associated with the likes of those people (well, most of em'). Maybe a stupid reason, but it is one non-the-less.

Thanks again, everyone, especially Tony and TEG.

------------------
Perception IS Reality

·
Registered
258 Posts
I just stumbled upon this site, and even thought I don't own an IS300 it looks like all of you enjoy it and really get along fantastically well.

I'm looking forward to spending time here.

------------------
Stephen Withrow
[email protected]

98 Lexus LS400
97 Ford Explorer Limited

·
Registered
626 Posts
Ahh my brothers keeping the faith. Black sheep will always be cool! Hey this is a great family. I love hanging here. My wife on the other hand is getting ready to shut down the computer.

I may need to work under covert operation code "ISFAN INTERNET" Uh oh, here she comes, over and out.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have been online since '93 and I can't remember a site that I have been more dedicated to frequenting (weekly, daily, hourly, every 15 minutes..I know I'm not alone!!). I would just like to thank you guys for filling my day with great information on a great automobile.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Originally posted by cardinal_creek:
Me? I only frequent by the nanosecond

I am right here with ya CARD man. I can not get enough of this forum. My wife is gonna kill me!

Oops her she comes again. Okay honey, just one second let me finish this po (dang she shut the computer off cya)

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
the msg board rules. very easy to read and navigate

hey.. but lets up date some pictures in the gallery section

I would love to see pic of carbon fiber dash kit installed

1 - 20 of 21 Posts