Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys do you know of any good hood vents / scoops. Link me if possible. I want to put a vent over the turbo (next to the battery) and a scoop right behind the passenger headlight to get some cold air in. Some thing CF would be nice. Nothing to massive.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I jsut want somthing i can double side tape / rivet on nothign complex.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Get a elixer c/f hood. Not only does it look damn sexy, but it helps the flow of air in the engine.

·
Runs on Rice
2,900 Posts
boosted_4door said:
Get a elixer c/f hood. Not only does it look damn sexy, but it helps the flow of air in the engine.
yeah, but most likely you won't be able to fit that thing on a twin turboed IS with the vent bending inwards.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Sentinel said:
I jsut want somthing i can double side tape / rivet on nothign complex.
so you don't want functionality? Please don't do that to your car. Hopefully you were joking :)

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
m3thod said:
so you don't want functionality? Please don't do that to your car. Hopefully you were joking :)
I want functionality over astectics, after a hard drive I can burn my self on my engine bay platics. I like the elixer but dont want to spend that kind of money.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
dt1313 said:
Haven't really looked but who carries the Elixer hood ? Who can get it ?....

Dan
02' IS300
04' G35
www.racingtech.net

Rich, can get the hood along with the rest of the elixer kit. Dont tell me your trying to throw a elixer hood over a Y2K turbo.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
boosted_4door said:
Rich, can get the hood along with the rest of the elixer kit. Dont tell me your trying to throw a elixer hood over a Y2K turbo.
Rich who ?...BigDaddy ?......I'm not doing anything per se....but it's nice to know what's out there and who can get it....I've thought about a Elixer/Vented hood for a long time just never got around to it...

Anyone have shots of Maxxpsi's hood ?

Dan
02' IS300
04' G35
www.racingtech.net

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Ya, BigDaddyRich, he had one but had to sell it cuz it wasn't fitting properly on his car.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Mine was not that hard to do. I love the carbon fiber look. There was a huge drop in under hood temp. I can take more pics of the vent area if someone can host them.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
need someone to host pics. will take some photos and instructions. You canb hear the turbo spool so loud with the vent positioned where it is.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Maxxpsi..Lets see some overall updated pics of the ride. Dying to see the engine setup/Hippo setup
-Matt

Reactions: maxxpsi
1 - 20 of 36 Posts