Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i know the topic of hood pin's for CF hoods have come up a lot recently... but this question is which one is the best one??

up on ebay they show all different kinds so i dont even know what to look for...

ex. #1

Sparco OEM hoodpins

ex. #2

Unknown w/ Key lock

ex. #3

Traditional style Hood pins?

thanks, - Johne

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
IBTL

SPARCO works good (the 3rd look like a cheap version)

the 2nd I hear don't line up well

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Aww..is De gonna spend another 75 cent to lock this? :lol:

Too bad the second type with key doesn't line up good...it got that stealth look when putting it on the CF hood.

Anyhow...

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
YisSerL said:
Aww..is De gonna spend another 75 cent to lock this? :lol:

Too bad the second type with key doesn't line up good...it got that stealth look when putting it on the CF hood.

Anyhow...
i did a search they were all about whether or not to use hood pins... my friend has used it awhile w/o hood pins.... im puttin them in.

same subject, different view. (awaiting De's input/lock) :p

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
i would spend the extra and get sparcos. if you look hard enough, sparco makes them in anodized black for a stealthier look.

i would do the locks, but pretty much you need to have a perfect fitting hood in order to use locks. imagine on a crappy hood trying to get the key part to line up with the locking base?

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
sparco.

i have those currently.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ordered sparco pins... i pick up the hood tommorow...

next question.... how should i position it...

like this?

phillzspeed

or

normal?

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks guys for the input... right now my hood's in the garage awaiting for the arrival of hood pins... ill have time to work on it next week... i need to go to the store and buy the drill bits needed to size the holes correctly...

also think i should drill holes for washer nozzles?

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
badxIS300 said:
thanks guys for the input... right now my hood's in the garage awaiting for the arrival of hood pins... ill have time to work on it next week... i need to go to the store and buy the drill bits needed to size the holes correctly...

also think i should drill holes for washer nozzles?
yeah, why not?! you can just use your current black nozzles.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
hey, not to jack the thread, but, with the 2nd hood pins, the ones with the keys, i have heard they don't work well....can they be modified to fit properly?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts