looks clean
locking

con's of the aerocatch:
not much leeway with cutting into the hood

what do you guys say?

·
Domestic Reaper
3,025 Posts
honestly i think i have the sparcos but if not they are shaped and designed the same as the sparcos. I like them alot. i would just do the aero ones tho if your going to be cuttin into the hood anyway. those will look much better.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
aerocatch

Clean look. Guessing you got a CF hood?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I used the gunmetal sparcos on my MSM and had no issues whatsoever.

The aerocatches are clean, but I kind of like the look of hoodpins..

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have the sparco hoodpins and they are very simple and they bend a lil which is good cause of our curvy hoods. If you get the flush one's, you will have a lil problems getting it perfect. Another suggestion is, get the Topspeed Auto flush hoodpins. A lil cheaper and it works the same. Save yourself the money and get some sparco's for like $30.00 instead of hundreds.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I have Sparco.. mike, I think the blue ones would looks nice on your car.. or just paint it black.
Aerocatch ones looks really nice but it's just too pricy and too much risk.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Who has done there own installment of them? Is cutting the carbon fiber hard? Im looking into a cf hood and im not to sure of any place around me that can do it.

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
after seeign the aero catch in person, i really dont liek them. a few guys locally have them on maudi's, bmw's, is300's...im just not feelign them. theyre huge and awkward looking

i liek the cusco or the sparco. they do the job and theyre easy to get on and off.

·
Registered
191 Posts
yeah I would go with the normal hood pins,kinda ricey but needed.
I don't like the big aerocatch ones
you could still use your stock latch,just pull the pins before you use the release.That way you don't need locking ones like the aerocatch ones

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Mike, I'd say get the areocatch pins....looks way better and much cleaner setup...Sparco's do look tacky in some ways...kinda "Ricey" too....but, all on you sir!

·
Domestic Reaper
3,025 Posts
its not that they are ricey, cause i have the sparco ones, my complaint is that they are just too noticable. but get black ones and that will really help with the problem but seeing as you already ordered a set then gl. let us know how the installation goes.

·
Monkey Style
1,885 Posts
Cutting into your cf hood isn't hard at all if you follow the simple instructions that come with the Aerocatch. I did mine myself and it was easier than I anticipated. You must have patience and precision though that's for sure. Measuring exactly where to cut is the MOST important thing....even more important than the cutting itself. Just remember to cut small and use a filer to shape out the hole, stopping every now and then to test fit.

As far as preference goes...to each their own I guess, but the Aerocatch pins are the best looking IMO.

Of course, no hood pins looks best.

Reactions: Kev IS300

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
to each their own... i like the sparco ones because they seem to take up less surface area.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts