Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Are the still out there? My dad had a 1993 Ramcharger with a killer ram (need more ram in this thread) hood ornament.

I think Mercedes and Rolls are the only that come to mind.

Column shifters (manual I’m sure none exist) but any auto column gear selectors? I leaned to drive stick on a F100 column shifter. I think some trucks still have them or not anymore? Any non-trucks?

Dip Switch? They used to be fun to flash people by stomping your foot. I don't think any cars or trucks have these anymore.

·
Technical Poseur
23,313 Posts
Hood ornaments got stolen...people stopped buying cars with them because of that.

Column shifters were a functional thing with bench seats. Now days they recess the center of the bench a tad and use a floor shifter. Its cheaper, easier to use and less complex.

The highbeam switch? yeah, again that went the way of the dodo with modern electronics. Now that we can have a stalk switch that has 5 controls on it...its not necessary.

·
Registered
6,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which car had them last you think? I was in a 2005 ish Tacoma that had a column gear selector. Probably a Buick LaSabre or Oldsmobile Delta 88. LaSabre just recently still had and actual handle

Dip switch, I know my Dad's 1977 Malibu Classic wagon (probably the genises of my wagon love come to think of it) had one.

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
I remember when people were banned for putting in more ram!

Caught this gem while waiting for some local is300 members to caravan to a meet, he thought I liked it.

My 55 buick has a 3 speed column shift, but it doesnt run.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts