Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i was looking at my car straight on today, and i notice a relly big gap inbetween the grill and the hood, so i went to the brochure i ahd and looked at it. Not a big gap at all? What bout ya'll do you ahve a big gap in between? and if you do how couild u fix it

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Open your hood, there are two rubber bumpstops on each sides of your subframe rail. They are located right above your headlights, they are circular. They are turnable, turn those until thier height is a little bit lower, but dont go too low or all the weight will be on the latch. If that doesnt help at all, take your grill and bumper off and adjust the height of your latch. See if that helps.

·
Premium Member
52,282 Posts
The stops as mentioned above should be adjusted so that the outside edges of the hood are level with the inside edges of the fender. Mine are adjusted properly, and that leaves a 1/4" gap between the headlight housing and the hood lip, when measured from the center of the headlight housing to the bottom of the hood lip.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.