Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say i saw this dumb F*** this morning on 680 n in SAN JOSE, he had our taillights and CHECK THIS HE HAD 2 reflectors on the side like the red (LIGHTS) we all have, looks like he got that s*** off a bike and used some 3m.

G

·
0 Posts
hey theres like more cars with altezza lights driving around than there are is300's so get used to it. and the side markers are stock like that on most import cars.

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NO NO my main FOCUS is the REFLECTORS NOT EVEN LIGHTS!!! JUST REFLECTORS the really look like ones off a bike.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Iv'e seen a Honda Accord out here with the IS taillights, it sucks man. Why try to be something that there not? But I do like the older preludes (92-96) style, If there fixed up right, then they look good .. but if they look reaqlly riced out, it looks like ****.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Some of the Altezza style lights are actually illegal because of thier reflector setup or lack of certian colors back there. I have seen people put stips of 3M reflective tape back there so they dont get a fix it ticket. Im sure they were using the reflectors for the same reason.

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nope thats not it!!! he just had them there to look like the brank lights on our,s just to make it look like an IS300 they have no lights in or near them, just for stupid looks.

G

·
0 Posts

if those side thingy's are what your talking about all the jdm spec preludes have them, maybe hes trying to make it look like a jdm spec prelude?

[This message has been edited by spica|y (edited January 26, 2001).]

·
Registered
442 Posts
Originally posted by LegendC:
Some of the Altezza style lights are actually illegal because of thier reflector setup or lack of certian colors back there. I have seen people put stips of 3M reflective tape back there so they dont get a fix it ticket. Im sure they were using the reflectors for the same reason.
Really? Talking to the CHP(CA Highway Patrol) that they are legal but the thing that most people do is leave the rear turn signal white, which is illegal. I haven't seen the 3m tape thing yet.

·
Registered
699 Posts
not only prelude.. those accords, civics.. and guess what around my house (evergreen area) there are a couple of mustangs and silverados with the wannabe altezza lights..

Originally posted by is300soon:
Just wanted to say i saw this dumb F*** this morning on 680 n in SAN JOSE, he had our taillights and CHECK THIS HE HAD 2 reflectors on the side like the red (LIGHTS) we all have, looks like he got that s*** off a bike and used some 3m.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts