Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was down at the honda dealer to pick up my friend and i saw this new 2001 accord coupe brochure. then i saw this accessories page, they will have wood-grain steering wheel and subwoofer (available early 2001).

damn... are they crazy? making those wood-grain steering wheel for a coupe car?
also why do they put the subwoofer?
any ideas why they are doing this?
anyone likes the accord?

oh well...

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I also heard their putting in a full WOK TOO!

got to keep the ricerockets PIPING HOT!!!!!!

Honda is much too bland to be considered anything sporty, it takes a lot of extra goodies to make it even close to a sporty car

just my opinion

later

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
S2000 is the only exception for honda sportiness. we were talking about the accords, civics ect....

S2000 is pretty sweet though!!!!!!!!!!

later

·
15,322 Posts
Originally posted by mccarlin:

better be careful none of them chinos hear that, you might offend someone, and them gooks and chinks are everywhere nowadays, to the brotherhood!

·
Registered
35 Posts
mccarlin... still feel sorry you spent so much extra money in the IS?

------------------
TONY... YOU KNOW WHAT I WANT TO SAY... RIGHT?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Grishulia--I bought the IS for the luxury/sportiness is has. I still have another car i keep around to race. Whats your problem? Why are you here if you don't like the IS. Maybe your just jealous?? Or probaly just a loser....yeah definitely a loser!

McCarlin-Don't listen to that retard. The IS is a great car, but Hondas are sporty too. Even the 3dr hatchbacks are sporty. There are so many mods for any 4-5-6 generation Hondas. I agree the Accord isn't sporty, but my little Honda Crx can run with the best of them. Imagine only spending about 8K for a car that can eat M3s and Mustangs on the quarter mile and out handle most of them on tight tracks....Honda makes great little cars

------------------
Yellow IS/ 90 Honda Crx (Hybrid)

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Originally posted by MAmornIS:
Grishulia--I bought the IS for the luxury/sportiness is has. I still have another car i keep around to race. Whats your problem? Why are you here if you don't like the IS. Maybe your just jealous?? Or probaly just a loser....yeah definitely a loser!

McCarlin-Don't listen to that retard. The IS is a great car, but Hondas are sporty too. Even the 3dr hatchbacks are sporty. There are so many mods for any 4-5-6 generation Hondas. I agree the Accord isn't sporty, but my little Honda Crx can run with the best of them. Imagine only spending about 8K for a car that can eat M3s and Mustangs on the quarter mile and out handle most of them on tight tracks....Honda makes great little cars

MAmornIS - i traded my honda in for the IS so i dont dislike the honda i just fell that a stock honda is not sporty. I have seen what a couple of thousand can do to a honda though, incredible.

here in chicago there are many suped up honda roaming around, i just didnt want to spend few thousand to make my honda look like an IS.

IS RULLLLLZZZZZZZZZ

later

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
who cares =) performance numbers show that hondas are on par with toyota, and with the integras(i dont' knwo any offering toyota has except the celica) they are very close. honda does have the s2000 and the type r is a track champion. honda also developed the NSX and they really dont' have any "catching up" to do.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Originally posted by mccarlin:

Honda is much too bland to be considered anything sporty, it takes a lot of extra goodies to make it even close to a sporty car

just my opinion

later
Corrolla more sporty than Civic?
Camry more sporty than Accord?
Celica GTS more sporty than TegR?
MR2(conv) more sporty than S2000?
ES300 more sporty than TL?
IS300 more sporty than CLS? Yes, I agree on this one.
Supra more sporty than NSX?

Sorry, I can't agree w/ your statement.

[This message has been edited by Benster (edited November 10, 2000).]

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
benster:

i wasnt comparing the honda's with the toyota line i was just generalizing

yeah if you directly compare it to the toyota line then yeah maybe honda has a little edge

ever see a NSX up close.....

damn that car is amazing

later

·
Registered
650 Posts
So McCarlin, I misunderstood you. I didn't know you meant stock Honda. Your right than. There are only 3 Hondas that are sporty right out of the factory, S2K, Type R, and Nsx. I know what you mean though, there are alot of riced out Hondas out here, but i'm not one of them. I'm all out performance. No stickers or anything cosmetic. My Crx looks stock except for 17' rims, but it can hit some low ets..=)
Watchout MrClam i'm looking for you and that nice M3...j/k =)

·
15,322 Posts
Originally posted by msilverIS:
DonCorleone, not too many visitors to your KKK website? Is that why you're here??
I'm as Asian as they get. Apparently I'm the only Asian in here, and I am offended by that fool's WOK remark which does have obvious racial undertones, you can't say "ricerocket" is as bad as the N word, but the WOK comment is just as bad and ignorant. Apparently you didn't read the post too well, did you? How come you didn't find the first WOK comment wrong, but when you see the word "chink" you automatically assume I'm white and racist? Discrimination and bias come in many ways, not just blatant namecalling, little comments like that made so nonchalantly show what people are really thinking and just because its coated doesn't mean it isn't offensive. Obviously you have no idea what it is to be Asian American, where people claim to be unbiased and be free of prejudices, yet make snide remarks and coated comments which are disrespectful, racist, biased and in contempt and think nothing of it. Puh-lease.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
About this Discussion
51 Replies
21 Participants
INSPIRE
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing