Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Moderator
Joined
·
8,827 Posts
This is a geat and cheap idea:


I'll be uninstalling it in few weeks. A new (custom) device is on its way. It'll be expensive, but well worth it. :D
The best thing, the stock look will not be lost. 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vlad that is a great idea also.

But a perk with this is portablility and to be able to take it with you and use for personal and sending emails.....

Pretty cool
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
8,827 Posts
AntzLexusIS said:
Vlad that is a great idea also.

But a perk with this is portablility and to be able to take it with you and use for personal and sending emails.....

Pretty cool
The new unit I'm working on will not have portability, but it will do much more than you listed above. :wink:

If you want to take something with you and use it for email, a simple SMS-enabled phone will do.
Check out HowardForums for more info.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
8,827 Posts
agent009_98 said:
I wonder if you can connect the Dell Axiom X5 to a 7" monitor if you build a stock navi housing?
I wouldn't do that. There is a better way to go around it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,466 Posts
vlad_a said:
agent009_98 said:
I wonder if you can connect the Dell Axiom X5 to a 7" monitor if you build a stock navi housing?
I wouldn't do that. There is a better way to go around it.
yep, the screen from the PDA to 7" nav screen would not come out too good.

I'm planning to get a pc in a car. cost about $200-300 with dvd rom and lots of I/O.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
416 Posts
i'm actually a software engineer for the company that produces one of the products that was listed in that article (pocket copilot). a good way to go is to have a pda with support for bluetooth. you get a pda, bluetooth gps receiver (don't have to worry about cable clutter), and some navigation software. i would recommend pocket copilot but i'm a little biased! :p we have map data for north america, europe, and australia.

if you guys would like any info about the product just give me a shout. we have a laptop version of our software as well.

http://www.alk.com/products/consumer/index.asp
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
8,827 Posts
agent009_98 said:
I'm planning to get a pc in a car. cost about $200-300 with dvd rom and lots of I/O.
$200-300 :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but that budget will not get you far.

I'm working on a unit too.
With all R-n-D and hardware costs, those nubers are 15x as much.
In 2 weeks, I will have a first fully functioning unit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,466 Posts
vlad_a said:
agent009_98 said:
I'm planning to get a pc in a car. cost about $200-300 with dvd rom and lots of I/O.
$200-300 :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but that budget will not get you far.

I'm working on a unit too.
With all R-n-D and hardware costs, those nubers are 15x as much.
In 2 weeks, I will have a first fully functioning unit.
damn it :x you're right. my budget is whack... :lol:

details on what you're working?... :p

there's a lot of mini-pc in the market now. I think the prices are around $800-1k. I don't understand why are you doing an R&D. here's an example:

http://www.simplifiedinnovation.com/IS7200SPC Spec Sheet.htm

 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
8,827 Posts
^^^^
That is an ancient technology. :crazy:
How does P4 2.6 GHz 800 FSB 512MB Dual Channel DDR 8x AGP (built in), 8x USB 2.0, 6 channel audio, 120GB storage, up to 108Mbps Wireless LAN, 7" 800x480 VGA Touchscreen, Gyro Mouse, slim-line DVD-ROM/CDRW (separate unit), mini wireless keyboard, voice recognition GPS, auto shut-down/power-up sound? :D

I'm doing R-n-D because I will be offering a complete solution to car enthusiasts. Details will be posted in a proper manner when everything is ready.

As a distributor, I can buy those things, but to me (as a PC and Car enthusiast) they are not worth it.
There is still a shut-down/power-up issue with them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,466 Posts
vlad_a said:
^^^^
That is an ancient technology. :crazy:
How does P4 2.6 GHz 800 FSB 512MB Dual Channel DDR 8x AGP (built in) USB 2.0, 6 channel audio, 120GB storage, up to 108Mbps Wireless LAN, 7" 800x480 VGA Touchscreen, Gyro Mouse, mini wireless keyboard, voice recognition GPS sound? :D
There is still a shut-down/power-up issue with them.

I'm doing R-n-D because I will be offering a complete solution to car enthusiasts. Details will be posted in a proper manner when everything is ready.

As a distributor, I can buy those things, but to me (as a PC and Car enthusiast) they are not worth it.
that's fucking nice dude... :eek: very nice...
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
8,827 Posts
^^^^
It will be. I'm extremely excieted myself. I spent a load of time going through different hardware to get the best combination.

The best thing, in IS300 it will look STOCK!!!
I am having some faceplate adapters manufactured so that with some work 7" monitors can be retrofit into IS300 JDM Dash kit. It cost me a ton of money, but it will be well worth it!
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
8,827 Posts
IS300GTR said:
damn mang, hit me up when ur done im am hella interested
Will do. :D 8)
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top