Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did search but only came up on how to program the Homelink for a single residence.

Does anyone know if you can make it work for two different houses? Or do I need a standard remote for one of them.

I don't even have my IS yet... it would just be nice to know early on :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
75 Posts
i have an is300 and it has 3 homelink options. i have 2 of them set up to work @ 2 different houses. its just a matter of programming it with the original remote. i'd assume the is250/350 would have the same feature..?

hope this helps.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Woops, sorry... I'm talking about for an IS300. I'm picking one up from another member here.

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
it should be fine, you just follow the directions using a different button for each remote, though you do have to be within range of the garage door.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine is programmed for 2of my home doors and the other is for the door at work.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
How do you program the stock one in the sun visor I cant seem to figure it out >_<

·
Premium Member
23,314 Posts
Yeah my button on the left is programmed for my parents, the button on the right for my house and the middle button isnt programmed

·
Registered
35 Posts
fOR SOME WEIRD REASON, i CANT SEEM TO PROGRAM MINE. i FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS FROM THE hOMELINK WEBSITE AND NOTHING.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Apparently I have a specific remote just for programing the Homelink...all is working now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had difficulty programming 3 separate iDrives by Wayne Dalton, and all of the normal instructions in the Lexus manual and WayneDalton manuals didn't fully work. Here is what I had to do. Maybe for those who have tried everything else, this may work.

Use the large center button on the iDrive remote to do the programming. The other 2 buttons won't work. The center button has to be programmed to the iDrive that you want to use with the HomeLink button. Thus, you will need 3 separate remotes to program 3 buttons.

Erase the Homelink on your visor according to the Lexus manual.

Press the desired HomeLink button and the center iDrive remote simultaneously until the flashing completely stops. This took a full minute for me.

Press the Learn button on the iDrive, then press the HomeLink button for 2 seconds, release, and repeat until the iDrive beeps.

Test.

If you want to program a second or third button on the HomeLink, use a different remote, and follow the intructions above.

Hope that helps someone avoid the pain that I went through!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts