Lexus IS Forum banner

Homelink reprogramming

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  01 SolarYellow 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have a Homelink issue. My wife’s ’04 IS drivers side sun visor became droopy so I purchased a used visor. When I went to install it, I could not reprogram it or get the previous codes to erase. The unit was getting power, and when the buttons were pushed the light pops on and off- it won’t blink. Is there another way to erase the existing codes? I was surprised the unit holds the codes despite having the power disconnected- I put the original back in and it works fine.

#2 ·
HOMELINK REMOTE PROGRAMMING

---------------------------------------------

PROCEDURE A: If you have a rolling code garage door opener (most new ones are of this type)

1. Decide which of the 3 Homelink buttons you want to use to open your garage door. Press this button for 20 seconds, after which the Homelink LED will start blinking about 1Hertz. Keep pressing this Homelink button.

2. Bring the handheld garage remote close to the Homelink unit in your car and firmly push the button on the handheld remote (for about 0.5 seconds) a few times (spacing the pushes about 1 push every 2 seconds). Once the red LED on the Homelink starts blinking in 5.6 Hz cycle, it means that the code has been properly programmed into the Homelink. You can now stop presssing the Homelink button.

3. Next, on your garage door opener (note, this is the main motor unit), you'll need to find the "Train" button (which is sometimes hidden inside the light cover). This "Train" button allows you to program a new remote to the garage door opener, so it can start registering the new rolling code. Press and release the "Train" button, and your garage door opener will start blinking. While garage door opener main unit is blinking (you should have about 30 seconds), get inside your car and push and release the recently programmed Homelink button a couple of times. Once your car's Homelink code has been registered, your garage door opener will operate correctly.

--------------------------------------------

PROCEDURE B: If you do NOT have a rolling code garage door opener (most older ones are of this type)

1. Decide which of the 3 Homelink buttons you want to use to open your garage door. Press this button for 20 seconds, after which the Homelink LED will start blinking about 1Hertz. Keep pressing this Homelink button.

2. Bring the handheld garage remote close to the Homelink unit in your car and firmly push the button on the handheld remote (for about 0.5 seconds) a few times (spacing the pushes about 1 push every 2 seconds). Once the red LED on the Homelink starts blinking 5.6 Hz cycle, it means that the code has been properly programmed into the Homelink. You can now stop presssing the Homelink button. Your remote has now been properly programmed and you can start using it immediately (since your garage door opener main unit does not have a rolling code feature that you need to train).

---------------------------------------------

Notes: On a Genie type of garage door opener, the train button should be inside of the light cover on the main opener unit. If you open it up (2 screws on top of the plastic light cover), you should find a black button on the left side of the left light bulb. On Craftsman garage door openers, I believe the train button is on the rear of the main unit. It's somewhat apparent when you're looking for the train button. Good luck to all with this problem!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.