Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw this over at the Scoop! page, and thought it to be TOO funny... BMW owners have been ragging on the IS300/Altezza's tail lights, well, it appears BMW likes them... heheheh Take a look for yourself...

Hmm, and who said that the IS300 isn't even a competitor? Apparently BMW thinks so...

Get the full story here: http://www.geocities.com/busybeetoys/scoop/edn27.htm

Scrap.

[This message has been edited by Scrap (edited December 04, 2000).]

·
Registered
654 Posts
Hmm... looks kind a funny... I think it's one of those artist rendition things. Either that or a joke (like the CL picture.)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is from the article... it's actually real. This will start with the new 325ti.

BMW takes a page out of the Toyota styling book and presents us with a Lexus IS-sedan derived set of rear lights for its next generation Compact model. This maybe the very first time a German manufacturer has copied a Japanese competitor instead of the usual other way round. According to European sources, the first two models to debut will be the 325ti with the 2.5-litre inline six and a 316ti with a 1.8 litre four (strange model designations). The four cylinder engine is the first of a range of "NG" new generation engines, built in the UK instead of union-infested Germany. Providing a better mid-range punch, lower emissions, and also an incredible 40.9 mpg fuel consumption estimate.
TOO funny...

[This message has been edited by Scrap (edited December 04, 2000).]

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I won't buy a BMW either... but that doesn't have anything to do with those ripoff IS tail lights.

Scott.

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
I've always thought BMW owners who diss the IS300 for it's taillights were poseurs anyway, the kind of buyers that are going to ruin BMW. I'd like the 3 series and IS300 no matter what they looked like. Unless they looked like the new Impreza.
Remember though, BMW owners always trashed the compact 318ti anyway for the way it looked, and for being a wannabe, so this won't change a thing.
I think the headlights are the ugly part of this new car.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Come on Clam, you know you'd buy it. It's a bimmer. (ha!ha!ha!) just f-cking with you before you take me seriously.
Originally posted by mrclam:
bmw can release taht if they want but i will never buy one

------------------

·
Registered
65 Posts
Originally posted by ckolsen:
...I'd like the 3 series and IS300 no matter what they looked like. Unless they looked like the new Impreza...
What's up with the desing of the new impreza anyway? What the hell happend to it? It looks fine from behind, agressive from the side, but then the front has these round puppydog-look i'm cute-VW bug type headlights...I just don't get it does subaru still want the impreza to compete with the Lancer Evo?

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
haha i don't care about the badge =) i'm sorry but unless taht thing is the KING of preformance i'm not buying into it

Originally posted by 4yoazz:
Come on Clam, you know you'd buy it. It's a bimmer. (ha!ha!ha!) just f-cking with you before you take me seriously.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I like the BMW body design (well, not the one above). In fact, I can't honestly say that I hate BMW's...

...just the majority of people that drive them.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I don't think anyone has to worry about "having" to buy this car because of it's performance, given the fact that it gets 40MPG (1.8L)!
I just HOPE that BMW doesn't put these same lights on the new 3 series (as in outside of the ti).

I just thought this was hilarious, so I had to post it.

Scrap, who likes both BMW and the IS300 (yes, it's possible!
).

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Nobody's gonna be laughing when the M compact makes its way over here. I read there's a very strong possibility for that to be sold in America. Though I'm sure it will give you typical BMW grief it would be a kick to drive.

·
Registered
20,481 Posts
Toyota/Lexus has always been the leader of the industry in Japan while BMW has always been a follower of MB in Germany until just recently.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nobody's gonna be laughing when the M compact makes its way over here.
I'll still be laughing at all the BMW owners who talked badly about the IS300 because of the tails, when they'll be driving a car with bootleg IS300 lights. Of course, I won't be laughing when they speed off like I was standing still, but still...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Those round headlights on Impreza will be hosting projector-type Xenon headlights for Japanese-Spec Impreza. Sadly, we will only get the normal headlights for Impreza...

As for ti, even BMW owners hate them....and as some of you stated, it's nothing but a wannabe....

Andy Kuo

------------------
Mercedes-Benz 400SE
Pearl Grey/Black

http://akry.homestead.com

·
Registered
91 Posts
A buddy of mine played a prank on another friend who bought the last version of the 318ti. He had a cheap license plate frame made that said, "Sh*t! Someone stole my trunk!" He put it on without the owner knowing. Drove it around for a week or so...

------------------
-jb-
'01 Black Onyx

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
That's hilarious.

Originally posted by -jb-:
A buddy of mine played a prank on another friend who bought the last version of the 318ti. He had a cheap license plate frame made that said, "Sh*t! Someone stole my trunk!" He put it on without the owner knowing. Drove it around for a week or so...

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
LOL
i hope bmw doesn't shove a 1.9in there.....they just finished using the 4 bangers and now they're going to go back? i hope not, at least in the US. and no i don't like the IS tail lights but if the M compact has performance THAT good, well, i still won't buy it
you can't possibly fit four people in that thing

Originally posted by brad:
That's hilarious.

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
Let's kill this rumor, there will be NO M Compact in the US, there wasn't even one in Europe for the previous car. We might not even get a compact at all in the US, if BMW learned their lesson on the 318ti. They can't even sell the Z3, good luck selling a hatchback 3 series. Americans for some reason hate hatchbacks.

QUOTE]Originally posted by mrclam:
LOL
i hope bmw doesn't shove a 1.9in there.....they just finished using the 4 bangers and now they're going to go back? i hope not, at least in the US. and no i don't like the IS tail lights but if the M compact has performance THAT good, well, i still won't buy it
you can't possibly fit four people in that thing

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
88 Posts
I agree with you. Those idiots at BMW copy IS 300 styling. There gonna opy the IS just because the guys over there are too stupid too make a new design for there car have too copy competetors cars. WHat a bunch of idiots. I hate those guys over at BMW. Yeah the BMW guys always say they dont like the Rice Boy styling. I think there just gelous.

Nitro Boy
Age 11

1 - 20 of 21 Posts