Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The battery in my car went dead, and when I tried to start it, of couse it just clicked and wouldnt turn over. After I took out the key, I could tell that the turbo timer thought that the car was still running, because I could feel the AC blowing. I heard from someone that jump starting with a turbo timer could mess it up, so we hooked the cables up to my car for a few minutes, and then removed them and the car started right up. But now the turbo timer will no even turn on.... Do you think that I could of fried it??? Or is there a trick to reseting it???? I tried pushing all they buttons together, but that did nothing..... Does anyone have any ideas on what is wrong???? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Did you check the fuse for the unit? Sometimes fuses pop when the car is jumped from the surge of power.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help, but I found the manual buried in all my paperwork for the car and my JDM girlfriend read it and found how to reset it. Im sorry If I wasted anyones time.......

·
Not Officially Back
12,742 Posts
Blue99Altezza said:
Thanks for your help, but I found the manual buried in all my paperwork for the car and my JDM girlfriend read it and found how to reset it. Im sorry If I wasted anyones time.......

How'd you reset it? It's working fine now?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Blue99Altezza said:

haha :lol:

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dasgalloway said:
How'd you reset it? It's working fine now?
To reset the model that I have, I had to press and hold the top left botton, and then press the bottom right button. It made a magical beep, and it turned back on!! It works fine now. I am not positive on the model I have, so this information is probally useless to everyone...... Sorry, This is an awesome forum with A LOT of knowledgeable people, and I plan of using a lot of the information on this forum when I turbo my Altezza and a IS300 when I come back to the states, whenever that may be....... Thanks again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts