Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be getting HKS SAFC soon, and i dont want to dyno tune my car (cuz its bloody expencive). Any one has dynoed their car and maybe can share their information with me so that i can set it up myself ? I have an AEM intake, HKS Hi-Power axleback, and Toyomoto header. If you have something along those mods it would be great if you can share your numbers so that i dont need to dynotune. Thanx. :roll:

·
Registered
659 Posts
do you mean an HKS AFR or an Apexi SAFC? Also every car is a little different but someone elses numbers will give you a good baseline

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its the AFC .. yea.. heh, yea id like to get somekind of a baseline at least, so that it will add some power because right now I have the AEM intake and HKS Hi-Power axleback and it is slower than stock (e-shift). It might be a bit better once over 4,500 rpm but before that its pretty much dead, kind of like a suzuki swift or something like that.

·
Premium Member
8,548 Posts
i haev tuned a goo number of them, and ussually its pretty safe to go 5% lean,most dyno runs on base models or without afc's are pretty rich, i'm gonan get flames to hell and back for this

dyno tuning w/ air fuel , the AFC is the best idea for optimal powergains onother thing to try would be an airfule meter, and i am not tlaking the one in the car, i am tlaking basically the same thign the dyno uses, very accurate and very precise and try and get your air fuel numbers where you want them, and where you want them is up to you, i would suggest 12:1 across the board for daily driving maybe 11.5 at higher rom to be safe, but if you ask me you are already being pretty safe with 12:1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.