Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will I see that much of an improvement HP wise from the HKS Hi-Power cat compared to JUN-TW full exhaust? Pro's and con's? If I also purchase headers how much will that help HP, anyone have clip w/sound on JUN-TW headers and exhaust? Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
the jun-tw will add more power... its a full exhaust.. vs the hks that is just an axel back..

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
note that putting on headers specifically designed for the IS250 when you have an IS350 is probably not a great idea.

They'll physically fit, but the exhaust ports and engine displacements are completely different.

·
Premium Member
11,375 Posts
Check out JUN-TW High performance brake linings,BRAKE PADS,BRAKE caliper, brake DISC -- Lexus IS250 power data for the HP numbers on a jdm IS250 with the jun-tw full exhaust. The dyno shows 225 hp. There's another dyno sheet on the site that shows headers and full exhaust at 238 hp.

Go to JUN-TW High performance brake linings,BRAKE PADS,BRAKE caliper, brake DISC -- JUN-TW middle-rear exhaust pipe testing For Lexus IS250 for a sound clip of the dyno test.
FYI, JUN-TW's IS250 is US-spec, because they're in Taiwan, most of those stuffs are made in Taiwan as well or in China. :cool:

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
support Taiwan and go with JUN-TW. =)

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
regardless of which spec IS250 the Jun-TW parts are built for, they're -not- built for an IS350.

It'll physically fit, but I doubt it'll be a good idea.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Iwas told the cylinder heads are the same.................so should be OK for 250 or 350

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
love it 240rwhp from only header(equal length) and full exhaust.show me any IS300 with those numbers from headers,exhaust.no tuning required

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Iwas told the cylinder heads are the same.................so should be OK for 250 or 350
Nope, from everything I've seen they're significantly different.

Even Mazzuri is doing different sets of headers for the 250 and 350 because it'd make little sense to expect the same part to be optimal for both

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
according to JUN website 238hp crank or wheels?;)

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
the link is in this thread

·
Premium Member
2,723 Posts
according to JUN website 238hp crank or wheels?;)
With no tuning, even in 6 speed it's going to be hard to pull that much power out of the 250 (I know that is what they are saying). Unless the stock exhaust is horrable and very restrictive.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
they put 207rwp and adjusted for loss I think 238 @ the crank 16%=207rwp?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I guess I will wait and see what mazzurisuper has to offer. Even though looking at the JUN-TW site it says the exhaust and manifold are for the IS 250 and 350. Who knows might just have to get the ISF seems that is the only way to get any real HP difference.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have an IS350 with HKS - I didn't notice a difference from stock. It just sounds so much better. If you live in LA and want my HKS hi-flow then PM me.. will trade for stock mufflers..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts