Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the greddy right now and it so raspy with my ypipe and headers. I want something with a smooth sound but a nice wot.

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
what is the point of this thread? which has a better smooth sound and nice WOT?

Alan my phone is disconnected again due to some gay Sprint credit limit shizer again. Come by at 4.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I could be wrong but i dont think they raspy noise is due to the exhaust. I think it's more from the header..or even maybe thwe y-pipe. I have the greddy evo with the Xerd Race pipe and I never had issues with raspy noises.

·
Registered
604 Posts
bRibRi said:
I could be wrong but i dont think they raspy noise is due to the exhaust. I think it's more from the header..or even maybe thwe y-pipe. I have the greddy evo with the Xerd Race pipe and I never had issues with raspy noises.

I have to disagree with you. My set up (check sig) has some raspy-ness, and after some research I found that the greddy Evo exhaust does not match up well (sound wise) with other exhaust mods due to the fact that its one of the few full cat-back exhausts available for the is300. This set up replaces the stock b-pipe with an aftermarket one. My best guess would be that the stock b-pipe helps elimnate the raspy sound headers and racepipes introduce in our exhaust tone. Other exhausts are axel-back, which retains the stock b-pipe and helps keep the rasp to a minimum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts