Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the opportunity of getting a HypermaxII or Pro. Seems like most of the .net member have the II anyone have the Pro installed/comments? Thanks

·
Registered
100 Posts
i have the Pro~ it performs excellent at track...
spring rates are a little high for street use but they are made for track use. I have 19's on with them...set at softest for better comfort...still u'll feel little rough going over bumps and holes
how much can u get them for?
i can get u a better deal maybe

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
No personal experience with the HKS pros, but I had the Hipermax's on my car for 2 months.... on the softest setting, the ride was comparable to stock ride, unless of course you hit a bump.... I really loved them and regret selling them so bad :cry:

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From surfing the net, I can get the II's for less than 1K and the Pro's for possibly 1.5K in Japan. That' becasue I am going there and not ordering it from there :D I agree about the Pro's being great for track/circuit use and the II's for street and some track/circuit use. I really appreciate the resposne, at least I can go by with your experiences. It's not everyday that you can swap CO if you decide you don't like what you just bought :wink:

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Eortiz, hook up with some parts straight from Japan =P~~

Anyhowz, I think I came across a comparison of the 3 models of HKS coilovers on the Altezza in an Option magazine few months ago. I can't read japanese that well, but if you can, and wants to see, lemme know

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't promise anything since I will be buying stuff for myself first :D and not sure how much I can bring back (in terms of size, weight, etc.). I do have the HyperRev mag and read the comparison of the different CO. However, as much as I can understand (I'm still studying Japanese) the HKS II and the Qunatum are pretty close to each other. The TRD are excellent in terms of being civil and at the same time sporty. But if you want to move up a notch or two HKSII or the Quantum are the way to go. There was no comparison with the HKS Pro though.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Eortiz, do you know why the cheapest Quantum coilovers cost nearly $3800-$4200, while the top of the line HKS only cost around $2000?? What makes Quantum so expensive?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nope, I don't. Not that familiar with the Quantum. Even if they are the best out there, I still won't be able to justify to myself spending that much money on CO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
lunatictokyo
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing