Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

i was wondering if anyone know if there is a huge difference both inside and outside of the car on the HKS hi power for the is350 with a silencer...i just got the HKS installed last night...and i must admit, it sounds amazing...just inside the cabin, i would liek to decrease the noise a tad bit...

so is it worth it? thoughts? thanks!

-vince

·
Registered
98 Posts
i was not aware that The Hi-power system has silencers avaliable??

well IMHO, you bought the exhaust to make the vehicle sound better and gain something out of it. If you will put silencers then I guess you are defying the purpose of buying an aftermarket performance exhaust that you will alter the sound of with silencers

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well from what i heard on a youtube video it seems to sound the smae outside but the inside was a huge difference

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just get the universal silencer with the outside diameter the same as the inside diameter of your muffler tip. there's a thread about it somewhere, and it has the part numbers of the silencer to order.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HKS USA Inner Muffler Silencer

i was going thru that...what's the difference between the racing and non racing silencers? (for the is350 since they are 115mm...i gotta get the 115mm)...is the one for $40 good enough?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hahah...well i'm gonan give it like 500km before i decide on anything...i thinkt he drone is a bit much =T

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have the silencers installed in my HKS Hi Power, and it does make a huge improvement for interior droning. I can't believe HKS doesn't provide the silencers for free since the droning is the biggest complaint. I have also verified that there is no significant performance difference with the silencers installed.

BTW, I'm not certain how much it matters, but I installed my silencers as far into the cans as they would go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts