Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello...

with the first version (not ss) of xerd race pipe + hks hiper exhaust...
will i get some/very loud during idle or on freeway 70-90mph?

whats the lowest price on the hiper?
i found some around 450-460...

thanks!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hey... there's a couple hipers for sale in the for sale forum so check in there for lower prices... and as for loudness at idle... it wasn't that loud when i was in my friend's car... seasrch through the forums... it's been discussed many times

·
Registered
263 Posts
What is the difference between having the ceramic version and the stainless steel version? Is one better than the other?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Ceramics are known to break down & crack over time. Stainless Steel is a much better material that will hold it's durability over the long haul.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
TRDSports said:
hello...

thanks!
its all personal preference.. idle is definitely louder.. http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290061815&p=4228834019&idx=86

that clip has music in the background for reference.. the volume is probably around 11 o'clock windows up.. probably near full throttle.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
neomurph said:
Ceramics are known to break down & crack over time. Stainless Steel is a much better material that will hold it's durability over the long haul.
WTF... my ceramic xerd midpipe better not crack. Xerd has screwed us all over again!!! :pissed:

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
TRDSports said:
hello...

thanks!
I have both installed and the idle is a joke. Its not loud at all. 70-90mph there is a slight drone, but that doesn't irrates me like my tanabe racing medallion and xerd racepipe did that I had a few months ago. :-?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts