Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello

just got my hiper installed this morning...
damn... its loud!
with WOT the sound is really deep and loud

i was wondering...
if i add the silencer will it cut down the loud sound?
or...? what exactly does the silencer do?
anyone with the hiper + silencer?
let me know what you think...

thank you!!!

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Dont put that $hit on there...that looks kinda dumb with this big huge muffler can then this little tiny hole for the exhaust tip...definatley quiet but it jus looks stooopid thas all...if someone wants to post a picture and change my opinion please do...because form what ive seen :-?

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
JDMIS300 said:
Dont put that $hit on there...that looks kinda dumb with this big huge muffler can then this little tiny hole for the exhaust tip...definatley quiet but it jus looks stooopid thas all...if someone wants to post a picture and change my opinion please do...because form what ive seen :-?
have you seen the newer hks flat black silencer that is more 'stealth' than the previous versions? its not AS bad as the older ones.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
JW said:
Okay, about the HKS silencers...

The one that's "ugly" is part number 3306-RA075 and looks like this:

The black painted silencer is part number 3306-RA076. If you want the black silencer, I would recommend you get it from optauto.com.
More pics of the "ugly" silencer:

The above silencer won't fit on the Carbon-Ti Hipers due to the medial baffle.

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
yeah that is the OLD silencer for the Hiper ...

THEY SUCK ASS!!!!

i bought 3 of them ... one fell out when the bolt loosened up
one cracked at the welds for the baffle rings to the center tube.... in one month!

....i had it welded up then fuked up & drove the car around on a mon morning after i put it back in & forgot to bolt it on after a weekend of canyon hammering & carving DOH!!!

the next one also CRACKED like a POS in less than a MO & i also had to have that fokker welded up again... those silencers were VERY THIN, & had only 3 tiny spot welds holding the baffle rings to the central tube...

total POS for sure..... & i also just painted it flat black so it looked invisible for the most part

the newer ones are quite different from before.... just a bigger central tube & ONE big cone type baffle that STILL is welded to the central tube with only 3 spot welds but the metal is about 100% thicker on these so they should hold together....

i am keeping an eye on Mine.....

Also they only have ONE hole in them for mounting & i found that it can RATTLE unattractively with only one bolt holding it on,..... it kinda gets pulled cockeyed in the exh with only one bolt......so it will not sit STRAIGHT........

so.......I just drilled a new hole in it for the other side & used the other hole already in the muffler to guide me.....

It is solid as a rock, & dampens the sound volume appreciatively when installed....

edg

edgy

I ju

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
And you know what the fuct up part about the ugly silencer is? It is more expensive than the black silencer by about 15-20 dollars! That's insane!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts