Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys. Im in the process of making a huge deal with CARisma Auto Tec about gettin kit, rims, coilovers, the whole deal. I currently have the HKS Hiper exhaust on my can and occasionally when I dont take driveways at an angle it scrapes the bottom part of the muffler. Its not anything major but im wondering if anyone else has this problem and if anyone has the HKS Hiper on a lowered IS300? I need to know how much it will damage my exhaust! Thanks

·
Registered
104 Posts
talk to is300soon, he has problems w/ his hiper scraping after he lowered an inch. he's got pr0bs w/ parking lots. But if you know how to take the driveway at an angle and you do it slowly anyway, I think that you shouldn't worry.

·
Registered
27 Posts
one way to drive out of ur driveway w/o damagin ur exhaust is to come out of ur driveway at an angle. have one of the rear wheel touch the pavement of the road first with the other rear wheel (prefer the wheel on the side of the exhaust) still on the driveway, that'll reduce the chance of damagin ur exhaust. my friend used to have problem goin over speed bumps w/ his lowered prelude & bodykit. this maneuver seems to solve the problem. of course, u'll need a big enough drive way to do it..

·
Registered
104 Posts
hahahaha, and a lot of patience. my friends' integra was tucked like crazy. he had two wheels of 1 side on the road before hit backed all the way out of my driveway.

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
mine hits no matter what! so ur thoughts of angles is off!! i know how to drive a lowered car, also my car is lowered over 2 inches!

There is a way u need to look at the way the hiper is placed!

the hiper hangs low, look where the exhaust is and then look under the car, u have soooooo much room... HKS focked up there!!!

Look at a stock exhaust it goes up under the body unlike the hiper that is a can and hangs, the greddy exhaust is almost like stock in the area of FIT!

The Greddy will be on my car soon, i will pass the info on after that!~

·
Registered
16 Posts
Actually I have a greddy and still managed to scrape. Imagine my surprise when i got home the first day and... ssshhrrting! dammit! it wasn't bad, but that driveway really shouldn't have done that. Now i have to reconsider dropping the car. I wonder if 19's will look weird on a car thats not lowered...

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
ok..i have the Hiper..and my car is about 3/5 inches down... if you guys are having problems... maybe ur exhaust isn't on the hangers properly... or maybe you need to find alternate routes to drive... i dont really have any problems with scraping my exhaust..i occasionally scrape it..but cmon..its 3.5 inches down.. when it was about 2.5-3 inches down..i never scraped..

drive slowly... when u start adding parts to ur car...ur gaining some performance..but are losing convenience..you cant drive the same way u are used to driving...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts