Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about this exhaust but according to the stickied exhaust thread it is about 110db?!

That seems obscenely loud and most definately not legal. I have read other theads though and one person thought it was way below the 95db limit. Which is it? If I got it, would I need hardcore earplugs inside the car just to avoid hearing damage and get pulled over every 5 seconds, or is it a lot more reasonable? Does anyone have a db meter they could use inside their car so I/everyone who is interested in it could get a rough idea how loud it is? How about with the silencer? 8)

I do not want a loud exhaust, but from the clips I have heard the Hiper sounds the best tone wise.

I "heard" an L-Tuned in real life very briefly and I couldn't even hear it. It almost seemed quieter than stock! :crazy: :lol:

I don't want a loud exhaust, but I dont want to spend 600 bucks for something I can't even hear either. :lol:

And also just to confirm that the Ti and the Hiper are the same exhaust, so they sound the same, just one is wrapped in CF?

Thanks for your opinions and hopefully some db ratings from in the car! 8) 8) :D

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
- I have the HIPER and it is NOT LOUD at all
- don't even trip

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
not loud at all, sounds REALLY GOOD.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
my friend stood 5 feet behind the tip and measured 106db from my Hiper (close to redline). It's not obscenely loud, but people will be able to tell that you have an aftermarket exhaust. Sounds good imo (bought one today)

·
Registered
552 Posts
blah

hiper ain't loud at all. hiper is the way to go. i personally think its one of the better sounding exhaust out of all the others

·
Registered
765 Posts
if you want a quiet exhaust for not too expenisive of a price, i have an Apexi World Sport exhaust system that is a full catback system that is very comparable in sound and db's as the Ltuned exhaust but alot cheaper to buy. I will sell you one in box never used or anything for 385.00 plus shipping. thats a pretty good deal for that exhaust. apexi sells it for around 500.00 bucks. that price should match or beat other people. i need to get rid of it cuz its just taking up space. pm me if interested. --matt

·
$lores amongst us!
10,675 Posts
The Hiper is the way to go. NOT loud at all. Does NOT sound ricey.

I love mine. 8)

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
6,620 Posts
WEll...... as a fairly happy Hiper owner for a year now.... & having personally experimented with 2 other popular exhausts besides the hiper already,...............

.......I am almost sorry to say, but having heard a few of these bad boyzzzz.... DAMN if i aint Going Greddy :oops: !!!

I cant help it that,......... freaking thing sounds sicker than anything!.... i'll prolly have to find a silencer i can make fit in it due to the headers etc etc...but the tone is pretty freaking awesome for sure... as soon as i have the scratch...... :wink:

the Hiper tone is also great but the depth of the growl outta that Greddy Evo can is just insane :crazy: :p

·
Registered
754 Posts
Tell him about the annoying Drone people. :lol: That shiet drone like a MO-FO at 60mph be prepared for that.. I loved my hiper except for that and loosing all my low end torque :bitching: .... Eh thats that why i took mine off..

·
Registered
618 Posts
It's all depend on what you wanna hear and the Look! BTW, It wasn't drone as bad as people think!
I just love my Greddy! However, No blame at all! Hyper makes pretty good number in HP than Greddy.
:wink:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Go with the Hiper, sounds awesome, low, growl, great gains, not loud at all IMO... you won't regret life w/the hiper...

damn edg now you make me want to hear what that greddy can sounds like!

- hobbes

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A drone huh? :eek:

How bad is the drone? I might be doing a lot of highway driving in the next year or two. Would the silencer cut down on the drown any?

·
Registered
618 Posts
I think if you can find a perfect size silincer from other company that fits Greddy Evo, It will eliminate the DRONE thing. However, I have driving my car on the freeway most of the time, and I didn't feel anything uncomfortable with my exhaust system. Also, I have XERD race pipe on. I love the sound and I like how it hangs, even though it's a little lower without modified the hanger on the exhaust. I think you can hang the exhaust higher than how it should be. After that, you won't have to worry about scratches or whatever. Just hang it a little higher, you'll be fine!
I don't wanna compare Greddy and HKS. Both of them are Good.
My opinion:
-Greddy Evo comes with B pipe (catback) which HKS Hyper doesn't.
-.Greddy Evo goes straight out, which HKS Hyper kindda angle out.
-.Greddy EVO don't produce much HP than HKS Hyper does.
-.Greddy Evo is Louder and deep tone than HKS Hyper (just my opinion).
-.Greddy Evo costs $478 and HKS Hyper $450 ---->based on NET STORE
I am sure you could find cheaper price than that. BTW, Greddy Evo II generation is out already. Check it out!!

As I stated above, please correct me whenever I am wrong. Thank's. I hope this helps!

SETO

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
- I like the TIP on the HIPER compared to other exhausts...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
From the video clips I am not that impressed with the Greddy sound. I think I will prefer the Hiper.

Where can I buy the silencer for it? Do you use the same silencer for the Hiper as you do for the Hiper/Ti ? For some reason I thought I remember reading a while back that they don't match. :-?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
perfektrtw said:
From the video clips I am not that impressed with the Greddy sound. I think I will prefer the Hiper.

Where can I buy the silencer for it? Do you use the same silencer for the Hiper as you do for the Hiper/Ti ? For some reason I thought I remember reading a while back that they don't match. :-?
they are different..

get the black silencer for the 115mm tip

1 - 20 of 24 Posts