Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still thinking which brand should I choose HKS Hiper or 5 Zigen?? HKS is the catback system and cost my $1400 CDN but a 5 zigen is only rear section but is cheaper $500 CDN. However, I think the factory exhaust is the reason to make the difference of HP between GS and IS (10 HP), so should I choose hiper?? Than HP gain!!! HURRY!!!

·
Registered
571 Posts
can't go wrong with an HKS, plus it's a catback system so you'll see more high end power......HKS always makes good quality products....I'm not too familiar with 5zigen all that much yet.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
They're both excellent "name brands" in terms of performance products. HKS has been around for quite sometime while 5Zigen has just recently become more popular with all of the rice boys... but that isn't to say that they don't know their stuff. 5Zigen exhaust systems are the epitome of all systms in Japan... or so it seems.

I had no idea that HKS offered a cat-back system for the IS300? What does that come out to in U.S. Dollars? For a bit extra, I'd hang tight and go for the whole cat-back system... IMO.

Scott.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I would swear by HKS... They have great exhaust products. It made my RX7 Fly over 65 MPH!! I am waiting for a 5spd IS trade in to get an HKS for my IS.. It sounds great too! not as annoying as Apexi -- there just too loud. HKS = Classy power Apexi = ghetto power

·
Registered
604 Posts
I'm using the 5zigen, and I really like the deep sound. I havn't seen or heard the HKS yet, but if u can afford one, I would definitely go for it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
i currently have HKS system..and since im a really vindictive person..i would tell everyone to buy it..only because i want everyone to go through what i am going through...
dyam engine lights sometimes going on..i think its the ecu...
but anways..i have had a lost of engine performance... .4 sec on 1/4 ....
thats bad....
still trying to tune the HKS intake and exhaust...

maybe it is someting that i did...
but chek the posts in performance..
i havn't seen and improved track times
with "ANY" after market intakes or exhausts...
oh yay!'''"sounds better"...like i care...
well i do..but that is besides the point..
im mad...
=(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.