Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, i just joined the community and had a couple questions for you.
which of the two exhaust do you guys personally think sounds the best. i know that hp gain is mainly the same for all exhaust systems so i'm not worried about that at all. i just ordered my SRT intake and i won't be running headers. i'm going for more of a G35 sound and yes i know it's impossible to obtain a completely different sounding car but that's what i'm shooting for. also, is the HKS Hiper Carbon-Ti exactly the same as the HKS Hiper just with the special features of having carbon fiber?
and if you have any video comparison of the two or some pics of the exhaust on the car that would be nice. thanks

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
i have the dragger and love the sound compared to the hiper. the hiper sounds kinda ricey at high rpm's. the dragger IMO sounds deeper. your intake will sound amazing with the dragger too.

check youtube for some vid clips

HKS hiper with srt intake and xerd headers
YouTube - xerd/hks hiper/srt intake

HKS Dragger with srt intake and headers
YouTube - Cold Start is300 SRT Intake/header/toyo y pipe/hks dragger

Thats my car with the dragger. The size fits the opening perfect. good luck

PS try and go used on teh exhaust. i got mine for $200 and its still nice and shiny.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks bro love the input +rep. lets here some more please. :)

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
I hope the Hiper just sounds a little raspy with the header just like in the video. I placed an order for my Hiper a few days ago and should have it Monday or Tuesday. I'll let you know how it sounds. I think without the header it should sound fine.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks please get back to me soon with the video I would really like to compare the two exhausts

·
Domestic Reaper
3,025 Posts
I personally have owned both. I first recieved my HKS Dragger II brand new when i bought the car i have an intake as well. I loved the sound of the Dragger. It sounds great throughout all RPM ranges and outside of car it sounds awesome too.

I got rear ended. exhaust was fine but i decided i wanted something a little louder. So i gave the exhaust to bro (IS_BoostByPsi) and got the Carbon fiber ti.

I love the look of the cf-ti much better cause its angled and is cf wrapped.

so wether your looking for an angled exhaust or a clean look should influence your purchase because they sound very similar. cf-ti is more throaty and is a bit louder than the dragger. cf-ti doesn't sound "ricey" or "raspy" anywhere throughout the RPM range. Neither do. I would say that the cf-ti is a bit more throaty tho. they both scream above 4k rpm tho. :) dunno if this was any help but the cf-ti will cost you more but i personally like it more

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
so wether your looking for an angled exhaust or a clean look should influence your purchase because they sound very similar. cf-ti is more throaty and is a bit louder than the dragger. cf-ti doesn't sound "ricey" or "raspy" anywhere throughout the RPM range. Neither do. I would say that the cf-ti is a bit more throaty tho. they both scream above 4k rpm tho. :) dunno if this was any help but the cf-ti will cost you more but i personally like it more
This sums it up pertty well, the biggest difference between the 2 is the way they hang and come out the back of the car... I have the dragger because i personnally hate the angled exhaust look it just looks ugly to me, again this is only my opinion. I have heard the TI in person with out headers and it sounds almost identically to what my dragger sounded before i installed my shorty obx headers... So to sum it up the biggest question you have to ask yourself is what LOOKS good to you... GL

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
Just got my Hiper delivered this afternoon. Just got home, waiting for the car to cool down and as long as the bolts don't give me any $h!t, it'll be on within an hour. I'll post some initial comments, no video though, the camera got dropped so maybe just a few pics.

·
Registered
163 Posts
i have an apexi n1 cat-back. i like how it sounds in th low end but at wot it kind of gets to high pitch. does the carbon ti sound like that or more like the dragger. i herd how the dragger sounds and i love it but i also like the angle look. so i'm stuck.

·
Registered
565 Posts
hey volk, why dont you just go with tanabe racing and retain a cat back exhaust, i mean dont get me wrong i love the look of the carbon ti but you already have a cat back, why digress

·
Registered
163 Posts
yeah i know what you mean but the gains are really min. like a 2hp diff. so i just rather have something that looks and sounds good. im stuck with the dragger or the carbon.

·
Domestic Reaper
3,025 Posts
dont go by any video clips of exhaust systems. 9 times out of 10 it sounds different in person. The cf-ti sounds more like the dragger really. It gets harmonic when my bro and i run each other. we both have IS's but he has dragger and i have cf-ti

·
Registered
8 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts