Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to use HKS coilovers and was wondering if camber can be adjusted with these? (I heard it can be) If so, Is the adjustment capability good enough if I wanted to lower the car to the tire or maybe rim? Thanks for any replies.

·
Registered
216 Posts
i dont believe coilovers cand be used to adjust your camber... unless u add a camber plate on top of the pillar mount (not sure exactly) anyhow the factory IS camber can be adjusted a little, i have the HKS HypermaxII and the camber is still a little bit off but not by much. my car sits on the tires, doesnt actually go under, no rubbing or anything no mods to fender (shaving) with 18 inch rims

·
Registered
32 Posts
I dont think you can adjust camber on the IS300. Isnt it one of their big problems? The HKS HiperMax system is really nice though! How much do they retail for again?

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
Username said:
I want to use HKS coilovers and was wondering if camber can be adjusted with these? (I heard it can be) If so, Is the adjustment capability good enough if I wanted to lower the car to the tire or maybe rim? Thanks for any replies.
-Yea, good question because I read the description and they say "some applications offer camber adjustments on the upper Pillowball mounts."
-Anyone on this board actually USING HKS coilovers that can CLARIFY all this?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
gavron1
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing