Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, just wanted to post up because I haven't really seen any recent dyno stuff...and I live for dyno's-lol. Anyway, nothing super exciting that everyone prolly hasn't seen before, but it's just your typical NA bolt-on (no tuning) IS 300 E-shift. Just thought I'd post more for entertainment purposes. Obviously, I have no stock baseline, as I began modding it yrs. ago...but operator said that bone stock ones typically make around 160 hp-170 hp. Dyno conditions weren't great as it actually drizziled a bit on the way there, sooo humidity was prolly like 99.5%, and temps were in the mid 60's-lol. Only made two quick pulls, first one was 183 hp, and the second one was 186 hp...didn't get a pic of the second graph-derp. I think the pulls were done in 3rd gear, even though it almost sounded like it down shifted to 2nd? Seemed like typical numbers for the mods, and I think I could've hit 190+ w/better weather conditions and some way to tune AFR's. They were pretty rich, but not sure I believe the AFR number on the graph...that seems impossibly rich to me? Also does max power @ 7,300 rpms sound right?

Vid of the run...

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
727 Posts
What mods?

·
Registered
374 Posts
My 2001 bone stock automatic IS300 with 190k miles (but all maintenance up-to-date) did 174 whp, 182 wtq on a Dynojet earlier this year as a comparative frame of reference. I used 4th gear to make the pulls, and dynoed in accordance with the tips that Cody Graham provided. I wanted a baseline before I started to modify the car.

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
727 Posts
Pulls should definitely be done in 4th gear. You should see a higher whp and wtrq number.

·
Registered
88 Posts
My 2001 bone stock automatic IS300 with 190k miles (but all maintenance up-to-date) did 174 whp, 182 wtq on a Dynojet earlier this year as a comparative frame of reference. I used 4th gear to make the pulls, and dynoed in accordance with the tips that Cody Graham provided. I wanted a baseline before I started to modify the car.
it's interesting how you kept your IS stock all those 15 years! that's a giant urge to beat (y)

·
Registered
374 Posts
it's interesting how you kept your IS stock all those 15 years! that's a giant urge to beat (y)
Yeah, my 2003 I really did leave alone (for 12 years) other than cosmetic things and wheels. My current 2001 (bought last fall) I'm going wild...and it will eventually be turbocharged too. I won't have any regrets with this one, but it's not the pristine example I used to own either so I don't feel that bad modifying it to my liking.

Reactions: Arzon

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I actually dyno'd at a shop that's very familiar w/the platform, but no matter what we did...it just downshifted instantly to 2nd/3rd gear.

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
727 Posts
They needed to put it into 4th in M mode. Push the snow button and slowly bring the rpms up to 3100-3200 then floor it from this point (tuner can start the dyno recording now) and ~3,800-3,900rpms turn snow mode off. From this point it should not downshift and you can get a solid pull from 3,700ish up to redline. This should give you a decent peak torque and peak Horsepower reading without downshifting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts