Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fawk, about an hour ago, i was driving on a canyon-ish(only a mile long) road. the road had potholes which became deeper due to recent rainings and shit.
the road was twisty and dark(i had to turn on my highbeams), and i was doing 40or so mph. boom, i hit something.
now, my steering wheel is about 10~20 degrees off, the car tends to go right. on top of that, front right suspesion is making 'ic ic ic' sound when i go over speedbumps, etc.

now, dont go saying 'u fukkin' retard!' or something like that, as it was unavoidable.

im wondering what kinda damages are done to my suspesion, and how much it'll cost to fix it.

i took off the front right wheel and inspected linkages and stuff, but everything looked fine, and alignment seemed ok from the look of it. i felt no vibrations on the steering wheel, but i never went over 60mph after i hit that fawkin' pothole.

i need opinions, advice... and whatever that'll help me to fix this problem.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
i guess i would have the upper and lower control arms checked out... look at the sway and make sure it looks ok... also unlikely but worth having the crossmember looked at.

if you need to replace one side of your front suspension i think you're probably looking at about $400-500 in parts and a a few hundred labor.

Crossmember damage is signifigantly more expensive... front is a few more hours labor than rear and the parts run around $800 if i am not mistaken.

also do a brake test (rotors / calipurs)

good luck, i'll keep my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
yea i hear ya same thing happened to me passin through NYC huge damn pothole, i thought my wheel was done, jus had the spare put on , had a bubble in my tire that made it vibrate and seems fine as far as alignment but scary i forgot to have them inspect but i havent notcied anything wrong.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hohoho, just came back from the dealer and got my futt bucked.
$150 for alignment, fortunately no damaged parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
Aubie83
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing