Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit a speed bump today and something is leaking in the front between the tires. I went over the bump very slowly (5mph) and heard a loud thunk from the underside. I didn't think much of it so I went on shopping and when I came back there was pool of fluid on the ground. It's leaking pretty bad. The fluid looks and feels like water. What could it be? I was in San Jose at the time and Lexus of Fremont was unwilling to wait 15 minutes for me to drive there cuz they were closing soon, so I drove 50 miles home. So far the car is doing ok, just wondering if its safe to drive another 20 miles tomorrow so I can take it to the nearest dealer.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
Exactly how much water was coming out? Maybe it's just from the air conditioning?

HOPE

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could see it dripping a few drops every 5-10 seconds. In the span of 15 minutes, it created a 5" diameter pool.

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
most likly the air conditioner.......... my accord does it all the time............. run it, here is what u should do, on a hot day, drive the car alot with the air on. Then park it, and wait and see

1 - 4 of 4 Posts