Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It all started 2 years ago, on a sunny afternoon in atlanta, when i got rear ended by a pickup truck resulting in a small dent to my rear bumper and a crack to 1 taillight. The bastard took off and in semi-heavy traffic, we were unable to get the license plate numbers, only the make/model of the truck. MY insurace co. helped me out big time and I only had to pay $75 total. But I swore the next person that does this, will get screwed big time.

Then at 8am this morning in downtown atlanta, i got rear ended by some jeep cherokee on a 2 lane road. She takes a left turn into the gas station making me think there is where she is going to wait for me. The skank does a u-turn and heads away! i honk the horn but she showed me no love. I quickly got the License plate number, color/make/model of the vehicle, entered into my pda and filed a police report. Within 10 minutes the police were waiting outside her front door! they got her and her insurance information for me. Now the b*tch is really going to get screwed by me in court for this.

I highly recommend everyone to keep their pda or a simple sticky notepad/pen within reach because it is hard to remember the numbers in a high-stress situation like this.

Thanks for listening!

·
Registered
469 Posts
i know how it fells to be hit n run .Someone an parking lot scratched my rear bumper really bad but i didnt call the police .it costed it me to fix it 150$

·
Registered
473 Posts
Nice 1. Good thing you didn't get hurt. These people are retarded. How dumb do you think you would feel if they cops showed up at your door and you knew you rolled out after crashing into someone....TOTERS~~!

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
i know how you feel man..my car ahs been involved in two hit in runs in a period of 3-4 months

one had a couple of witnesses..the other is still on the loose....those bastards!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
oh yea nothing pisses me off more.. when i get a pic ill post one of my back bumper.. some fool thought he/she could just tear it off and then leave... now i have no money to fix it and have to ride around with it duct taped on (embarassing).. i thought about ripping it off but i dunno... not to mention the bowling ball sized dent in the right corner from impact

·
Apricot idea killer
18,211 Posts
Fock the PDA crap, I just always remember to bring my shotgun with me.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
that b.... has whats coming to her.

i feel no remorse for hit and runs... thats how my best friend died and they still havent found the person.

i dont care if its a fender bender or major damage... hitting someone and fleeing is about the lowest you can get in my book. glad you got her plate number, sorry you have to be in this situation again. good luck to you :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks

thanks bros...
i had a CPU in the trunk that i was delivering to someone to sell. the officer saw it and asked if i thought it might be damaged and wrote it down in his police report.

Sorry to hear about your best friend in the hit-n-run. that would've really pissed me off!

can't wait to take this b*itch for a ride in my lexus..hehe

·
Whatever they say I am...
2,700 Posts
adamsheehy said:

HaHa....About 6 years ago I guy hit me from behind and took off. I chased him down all the way to his job. I was so mad for chasing him that I clocked him in his jar as he was getting outta his car. He ran into his job and called the police. I so scared that I was going to jail for assault. But after he admitted that he hit me and ran to the officer he got arrested. He thought the fact that I had hit him would out weigh the fact that he hit me and ran. After the officer put the dude in the car, the officer told me that his wife had been in a serious accident and the person ran because they didnt have any insurance, and was the case with the guy that hit me. But I cant understand why someone would run if they do have insurance? :suspiciou

·
Registered
11,025 Posts
adamsheehy said:

don't forget the shovle lol

·
Apricot idea killer
18,211 Posts
LexIShirm300 said:
don't forget the shovle lol
I don't bury the bodies. I just leave em there. I'm very blatant about doing away with such jackasses.

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Got to wacth out for those hit and run incidents, sometimes it's a scam and they claim all sorts of injuries from your insurance.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hmm...if it is a scam, and they claim injuries, why would MY insurance co. pay when it is not my fault at all???

·
Apricot idea killer
18,211 Posts
kg786 said:
hmm...if it is a scam, and they claim injuries, why would MY insurance co. pay when it is not my fault at all???
He didn't really elaborate with this. There are ALOT of scams out there that happen quite frequently. Most involve two cars and your car. One might get in front of you and one behind you - the one behind might rearend you and push you into the car infront of you and then take off. Or they'll both be infront and one will swerve infront of the other real quick and the car infront of you will slam on the brakes so that you don't have time to stop and you rearend him. In both scenarios YOU would have to pay for the guy infront of you, including all his 'supposed' injuries, etc.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts