Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
10,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
motherf*cker, someone hit my rear passenger door, hard as hell!.....anyone have any ideas on whether i should get a hwole new door, or fix the one i have? its bad, hit really hard, but luckily didnt screw anything up but the door.....i would rather swap the door right out....anyone have any ideas, or suggestions....anything appreciated....

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
mikefate said:
motherf*cker, someone hit my rear passenger door, hard as hell!.....anyone have any ideas on whether i should get a hwole new door, or fix the one i have? its bad, hit really hard, but luckily didnt screw anything up but the door.....i would rather swap the door right out....anyone have any ideas, or suggestions....anything appreciated....
Same here, some motherbish hitted my door last Friday night. I know who it was when I saw it saturday morning. It was some ******* truck that parked next to me, the battery died and they were jump-starting that POS next to my car! :pissed:

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
if your car is metallic or pearl then they will have to blend the paint in with the rest of the car. which means most of the entire side of the car will have to be repainted. happened on my MSM.

·
Banned
10,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i called lexus, they said $380 for a new door.....but no glass, nothing...i have to put the glass, power windows, and door panels and insullation in the new door, plus get it sprayed and clear coated....anyone else done this? am i better off getting it repaired and repainted, or is it better with a whole new door? its pretty bad....extremely dented and paint all screwed up...luckily its only the door, nthing else affected

·
8,827 Posts
Consult a body shop for the best option. They would have to paint it and color match it, so they may have some good ideas.

I would get a new door.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.