Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short:
- 2 month old IS 250 RWD
- I take it to the gym w/ me, then when I come home, I find out that someone bumped into my front bumper
- Result: a few dirty scratches, a few paint chips, and the biggest bit of damage... an almost 5 cm CRACK on the bumper in the space between the headlight and the grill!!

OMFG... what should I do?? Some ppl have looked at it and said that touch-up paint can cover up the crack. It looks VERY superficial as it looks like it was only the paint that cracked... but it kinda looks deeper...

ANY DIY REPAIRS that i can do?? any repair tips at all?? I don't wanna take this to the dealership and get charged an arm and a leg just to get the bumper fixed :(:(:(

help!!

·
Registered
524 Posts
I would get it fixed properly. It is only 2 months old. However, I would not use a dealer.

If you search some older threads you may find a reference to some local body shops. Failing that, does anyone on here have a good local bodyman that they can recommend to ChronoHaze?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
it happened too me a shitty red civic slammed its door into my old is300 and left a redline down my whole driverside door,I snapped looked around then broke driver and passenger side windows.Satifaction is priceless.;)

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
by the way I like your name.my fav herb is chronic haze :p

·
Registered
149 Posts
Man that sucks I know exactly how you feel, something similar happened to me about a month or so ago.. I didnt even know where exactly it happened it was either on the street where I parked or in this parking lot at a local pharmacy. When I got home I noticed that my passenger side tail light was smashed .. man was I pissed. Now whenever I park I try to find spots that have a smaller chance where a car could potentially come in contact with. But for your situation I would also suggest going to a couple body shops and maybe get some quotes, would definitely be cheaper than going to dealer. Good luck.

·
Registered
40 Posts
that sux, i know how it feels. i got hit and run on the second day i had my car, but fortunatly for me, the woman who hit me, came back the next day and offered to pay for it. it happened on my dealer parking lot. try going to fairview automotive, they are really good at repairing, but its only a slight cheaper than dealers.

·
Registered
615 Posts
My IS got hit last week in my work underground.
I have crack in the bumper under the driver's side headlight.

I have no idea who did it and have no recourse.

My silver lining is that I get to paint the front of my car...something I wanted to do this year.

But jeeze, its hard to suck it up with a new car.....

·
Registered
55 Posts
man same thing hapened to me. parked my car at the gym, came out and someone smoked the door, except my drivers door wouldn't even open!

I feel for ya dude!

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
*note to self - Park far away so that no one else will park next to me.

PS. Sorry to hear, Chronic.

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
This doesn't work. Ever.
agreed. One time i parked all the way in this empty lot.

I came bak from my movie and sum rust bucket was parked next to me.:pissed:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow.. thanks for the flurry of support and numbers dudes.

Ya it sucks man. Here I am being all careful w/ the car and shit, and now THIS happens? My god! My girl saw the crack and she was just blown away... sigh! and by the looks of the damage, it looks like a PICK-UP TRUCK or SUV bashed into my car! Right when I thought i couldn't hate those things enough, THIS happens??? grrrrr!!!!

I will give those people a call to have my bumper fixed whenever I get the chance. Thanks again all. Any more help/advice, please let me know!

P.S. Chronic Haze eh?? haha.. that's a priceless name, but that's not me. ChronoHaze is actually a gamer name that I made for myself when I played StarCraft religiously way back in the day!!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Sorry to hear about your luck bud. Wait until the end of winter before you fix any problems unless they need to be fixed right away. See if you can book and appointment now though cause at that time it will probly be pretty busy for all car repair places. No need to get it fix now and some asshat uses your car to help stop his.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
I would get it fixed properly. It is only 2 months old. However, I would not use a dealer.

If you search some older threads you may find a reference to some local body shops. Failing that, does anyone on here have a good local bodyman that they can recommend to ChronoHaze?
I've had work done at Ken Shaw Lexus and they did a good job. But I'd only goto Lexus to get the car fix if you are going thru insurance. Otherwise it's plenty $$$. I wasn't paying a dime so I insisted on my car being fixed by Lexus.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
agreed. One time i parked all the way in this empty lot.

I came bak from my movie and sum rust bucket was parked next to me.:pissed:
I never really understood that either. You purposely park as far away as possible... and somebody in a rust-bucket parks beside you. I can understand if you see other nice cars parked at the far ends of parking lots... a couple spots away from you... but the guy with the 20 year old rusty GM car??? I have no idea why.

I've actually been tempted sometimes to ask one of those drivers why they parked so close to me when there were so many other places they could park. I just haven't gotten the chance yet. But I swear... one time I will.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My 2 weeks old white IS 250 got hit and run in my company's parking lot.... and the security said they checked nothing on video record. damn $500 to fix the damage....

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
It always sucks when somebody's baby gets damaged... especially when it wasn't their fault.

One of my co-workers with a GGP IS300 was sitting at a red-light this past week... and somebody plowed into the back of his car at the intersection. :suspiciou

Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
Ouch! Sorry to hear.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts