Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I can't believe what happened to me this past week...

Ok, this happened thursday, when College Station was packed from everyone coming in from the south to get away from the hurricane. There was traffic all over the place and was not fun. I was in the turning lane on George Bush turning down Texas Ave. when all of the sudden I get hit from the rear and start rolling. I was PISSED, i asked the guy nicely though to follow me to a parking lot so we can get out of the traffic. He does, he gets out of his car and says, "you cant just pull out in front of people like that." No lie guys I have been in the lane for at least 5 min...I said no way, i've been there. He said that it couldnt of done any damage..i looked, and sure enough there was a good size dent in my bumper. Someone calls him so he doesn't even care about the situation and starts talking on the phone. While he was on the phone, luckily I went ahead and typed his license plate number in my phone cause I could tell he was being shady. After he was done on the phone,

he said "Well what do you want me to do about it"
my response, "well i would like to see some insurance please."
he said "i dont have any f***ing insurance"
me," mk...well are you willing to pay out of pocket"
he said as he is running to his car, " I dont have the time or the money. You can do whatever you want, good luck getting my license plate number."

He slams it into reverse, and i am not about to let him get away so i stand behind his truck( White F-250, extended cab, long bed, big front replacement grill, prob. bout an 01-02) and he almost runs over me...then he puts it in drive so i run around to the front and again he almost runs over me, if i hadnt have moved he would have hit me...seriously, i was close..i punched the side of his truck, thats how close I was!! Could you believe this guy!! OMG, i was raging..too bad he doesnt know I got his plates and he better get caught. I called the cops right away and reported him.

So now, I am gonna prob. have to replace my bumber out of pocket because my deductable is a $1,000 and that is prob. how much it costs to fix it. GGGRRRR, i just wanted to express my anger to everyone! I dont think there is anything else I can do except for wait on the cops to hopefully find this guy. Which I know my luck, he prob. wasnt from around here and is not gonna get anything.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I been to tx once yeah let me just say them people down there cant drive worth a damn

Sorry to hear about ur situation hope things work out

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...I hope things work out too, im relying on the cops now so who knows what will happen with that.

and about texas driving...i agree some areas of texas people cant drive (like san antonio cause there are a lot of old people there and drive slow) but i love the dallas drivers, were aggressive and fast and it works...ha

·
Registered
299 Posts
Not sure if you got your bumper replaced but. A pretty good estamet for how much it's going to cost is about 700-800. I had to get mine repaced after a week of having my car for pretty close to the same reason and I also live in N. Dallas. Some shady ass ppl around here. I also want to know what happen to the guy.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Wow dude. That is ridiculous. I would have done exactly that in your situation. Sounds like assault with a deadly weapon in addition to hit & run

·
Registered
289 Posts
i wouldve chased him down untill i can get some police assistance. im sorry to hear about your situation.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks

Thanks for yall's concern boys. It really sucks because the police never got back with me about it...which i don't understand cause I had the guy's license plate number and everything. Unfortunetly my car is not yet fixed. My insurance premium is $1,000 so there is no point taking it to them cause the cost of fixing it will be right under that amount, which means it's coming out of my pocket! Im currently in college right now and im sure there are more mishaps to occur with all the drunk and crazy driving going on, so im going to wait and fix up my baby after im out of college. It sucks driving around with it a little damaged but oh well...I guess im going to have live with it. If I were to do things all over again, I probably would have chased the guy down..but there is nothing I can do about it now. -Ash

·
Registered
851 Posts
if it makes you feel any better he is gonna pay a hell of a lot more in court fees unless he can stay completely clean for seven years under the statue of limitations laws for texas. i have no doubt that ******* was a texan and i have no doubt that he will get picked up on a traffic violation within the next 7years and end up doin a lot of paperwork in court. turn that frown upside down cause i promise the cops will get him and that fucker will get his

1 - 10 of 10 Posts