Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys.... i finally topped out...i think i did........ i made it to @143mph before having to slow for a turn.... its amazing..... howmany others have experienced this joy?.... but a warning.... after 140mph... 80mph seems like 10... so have fun... >=|

------------------
Silver 2001 ICE300

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
after 110 i can't tell the difference in speeds and neither can my best friend who thought 137mph was actually barely 110

·
Registered
511 Posts
505 is the leading top speed test road for Northern California. I can't imagine how you ran out of road. The best place is the last two miles when you are headed north. Brand new pavement. Be careful there as the CHP is present, especially when they know there is an event at Thunderhill.

My friend hit 155mph in his M5 and it was still pulling. I told him I would drive ahead for him next time with a cellphone and make sure the road is clear of cops and cars.

------------------
S38
91 M5

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
what i want to see is a cop chase with a pure sports car. a 911 or something. everytime theycome on TV it's alwasyu about some hyundai....."uh oh...he's coming up and accelerating to 110, at this point the speeds are extremely dangerous" blah balh blah...... =) i want them to start freaking out and going, HE'S GOING ONE HUNDRED SIXTY

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I've done 140 mph several times on the NJ Turnpike...although not for very long (afraid I'll get a ticket). It's amazing how confident this car feels at such high speeds.

black/ivory
17"

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hehe....you guys are funny..... i was lucky though... i did i speeding at 4AM.... i think it was 4AM..... i was returning from Cache Creek.... lost all my money and felt like driving crazy...... i don't think i ran out of road.... just got scared when i saw the turn..... this is the first car i've owned capable of this speed.... hehe.... maybe i can be racing CHP on the news next time.... >=|

------------------
Silver 2001 ICE300

·
Registered
511 Posts
Yeah we need to see the cops lose in their Impalas against a 160mph M5 or somn! I hate when the bad guy gets caught or crashes on those "most dangerous" car chases shows.

Maybe the good drivers that are up over 160 do get away and the cops are too embarassed to put that clip in the show? HAHAHAHAHAHA

·
Registered
685 Posts
I really want to see 911 or something that is 'real' sports car getting away from the cop!! The cops don't have a chance with their sucking Impalas... Hey, M5 guy over there. Get your friend to record it when you run away from cops @ 160mph.

------------------
K.P.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Originally posted by Rookie84:
I really want to see 911 or something that is 'real' sports car getting away from the cop!! The cops don't have a chance with their sucking Impalas... Hey, M5 guy over there. Get your friend to record it when you run away from cops @ 160mph.

Top Secret tried to run from cops in England...I think he stopped for them and then ran up to about 130 before he got surrounded. They were trying to do a 200 MPH run and only got up to like 194.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I have a nice stretch of about 10 miles of US 59 where I went my fastest, ~140, before I slowed down for fear of a sneaky cop... maybe I'll get another chance this Saturday.

P.S. Man the IS sure is noisy above 100!

·
Registered
257 Posts
hear is an interesting story about fast cars and cops.....
When i was still in college, i knew a fella who had a vtec prelude, a 93 or 94. Anyway, one night he is speeding down the 405 here in california and sees CHP lights go on. Well, being the crazy guy he was, he decides to turn off his lights (it was nighttime) and FLOOR IT. To make a long story short, he ended up crashing while trying to exit the freeway...couldn't gauge the distances right/vs speed/vs lighted road (he DID survive though...he was a fella in a humanities class i had). What's interesting about this was that he was PULLING on that CHP car. Its seems that at about 190hp, you can pull on CHP cars. I don't remember exactly what the HP figures were for 93-94 vtec preludes (anybody remember? am i right with that number?)...but i always found that story interesting to say the least. Enjoy your cars guys....(but seriously be safe)

·
Registered
511 Posts
I think my friend's car, a Dinan 380hp M5, would do well past 160mph but he is probrably smart enough not to go to 170mph. I know for sure he is smart enough not to try to run from a cop.

------------------
S38
91 M5

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i'm smart enuff 2 run away from a cop.. most of them around hear are grossly overweight.. but i would probably not drive away unless i was in the 67 shelby cobra gt 500 (i believe) that was in Gone In 60 Sec..... i love that movie.... >=|

------------------
Silver 2001 ICE300

·
Registered
74 Posts
I hit 145 on 101 going to redwood city at 7am sunday morning. However, it feels quite a bit different when you're on a crotch rocket, with nothing to protect you but helmet, gloves, and leathers
, and you have to seriously hug the bike or risk catching air

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
12 Participants
auxilary
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing