Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As this issue is dear to my heart, I offer the final summary of DRL...

In the beginning we all had yellow in our daytime running lamps. Then came JoeZ with the full power mod, an ingenious trick! So-called "superwhite" and "extreme white" bulbs wouldn't do. Now, the solution has arrived: 12V 55W high kelvin bulbs.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ronin...=&.done=http://photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

These new pics show once and for all that my set of PIAA Plasma Spark Blue 7500k bulbs CAN get the yellow out. There is a picture with the PIAA white/white LED parking lights on with the standard power DRL, then a series of shots showing how the high beams measure up to the low beams. In fact, the high beams are closer to the LEDs and slightly bluer than the HID. I'm very happy I've finally solved this problem!

For those of you itching to get a set of these, or PIAA Spark 8000, GT-X, etc. (I chose the 7500k because the bulb is silver-coated with a blue tip and not purple/blue glass), somebody in Florida said he has them, or you might hire the guy "Going to Japan" under General Discussion to smuggle you a few sets. They cost 8950 JPY (about ~$75/pair), I would've brought over a few more if I knew they weren't sold here.

So there, I'm happy now 8)

·
Registered
106 Posts
chado said:
As this issue is dear to my heart, I offer the final summary of DRL...

In the beginning we all had yellow in our daytime running lamps. Then came JoeZ with the full power mod, an ingenious trick! So-called "superwhite" and "extreme white" bulbs wouldn't do. Now, the solution has arrived: 12V 55W high kelvin bulbs.

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/bc/ronin3730034/lst?.dir=/Lexus+IS300&.view=t

These new pics show once and for all that my set of PIAA Plasma Spark Blue 7500k bulbs CAN get the yellow out. There is a picture with the PIAA white/white LED parking lights on with the standard power DRL, then a series of shots showing how the high beams measure up to the low beams. In fact, the high beams are closer to the LEDs and slightly bluer than the HID. I'm very happy I've finally solved this problem!

For those of you itching to get a set of these, or PIAA Spark 8000, GT-X, etc. (I chose the 7500k because the bulb is silver-coated with a blue tip and not purple/blue glass), somebody in Florida said he has them, or you might hire the guy "Going to Japan" under General Discussion to smuggle you a few sets. They cost 8950 JPY (about ~$75/pair), I would've brought over a few more if I knew they weren't sold here.

So there, I'm happy now 8)
Hey where did u get the sidemaker lens? Can it use LED BULBS?

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'm selling those, including the PIAA white/white bulbs that are in there now if you're interested... PM me

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pre-thanksgiving day bump!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.