Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone who has a HKS Hiper tell me what the clearance is like? If it is a real low clearance, does it give you problems?

Also, the Hiper is the same thing as Hi-power right? Because on HKS' website, I can't find Hiper.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
yeah its the same

HIPER = HI-PowER

·
Registered
769 Posts
Depends if you're lowered or not. It should be fine if you're not lowered.

I have eibach's, which lower the car about an inch, and i've scraped a few times when i've had people sitting in the back. Not often enough to be a big problem.

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
HKS Hiper and Clearance. Those two things dont go together. If clearance is going to be an issue, the HKS hiper will pose a problem. Although i still think its the best exhaust out there along with its Carbon TI counterpart, the end of canister hangs low and if lowered, you will need to find clever ways to go up steep driveways and bad speed bumps.

·
$lores amongst us!
10,675 Posts
I have had my Hiper for well over a year and I have never had and clearance issues. One time I had 4 people in the car going about 65 and hit a deep bump and I scraped a little bit. I am now lowered and have not scraped once. My driveway at my house is inclined and I had not scraped there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts