Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My nephew has a pretty much stock '94 BMW 325iC, (black on black if you care for some reason).

Anyway, he doesn't like the lack of brightness and color of the stock headlights and wants to put in these Hiper brand super white plasma Xenon bulbs.

They're $12 a pair, bulbs are guaranteed for 30 days, and the seller has good ratings.

So my nephew wants to know if anybody has experience with the Hiper brand.

Thanks!

Kane

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
Never heard of hiper. I have always used PIAA's super brights and had great luck. They are VERY expensive tho. I think I paid about $100 a pair when I had my old car.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TXLeXTC said:
Never heard of hiper. I have always used PIAA's super brights and had great luck. They are VERY expensive tho. I think I paid about $100 a pair when I had my old car.
yeah, I told him they're cheap one's and might last two months till one burns out.

He's just wondering if they're even worth bothering with, or if he should just save up fo a while.

Thanks though!

Kane

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
Kanine21 said:
My nephew has a pretty much stock '94 BMW 325iC, (black on black if you care for some reason).

Anyway, he doesn't like the lack of brightness and color of the stock headlights and wants to put in these Hiper brand super white plasma Xenon bulbs.

They're $12 a pair, bulbs are guaranteed for 30 days, and the seller has good ratings.

So my nephew wants to know if anybody has experience with the Hiper brand.

Thanks!

Kane
Don't even bother with bulbs. It'll decrease his visible light.
Check in the inside/out forum for details on this. It's pretty much a known thing.

And 12 bucks for bulbs? I'd never put them in a car. A lot of people have problems with cheap bulbs bursting inside the headlight. Then you've got problems.

Sometimes you pay for what you get. Get a real HID kit.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
guaranteed for 30 days :lol:

tell him if he wants brighter lighting to fork over the cash and buy euro ellipsoids. 350 a pop. they'll replace his current headlight housings and he will be amazed. if he wants more after that, get a 4300K HID setup. none of this cheap useless BS please. kthxbye

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
mrclam
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing