Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched and found some things, but not much :roll: ....i have the hiper, and i want to go with the tein s-tech springs. kind of scared of scraping. Now i know its gunna scrape, but does anyone have this kind of setup or the tein ht springs with hiper??? I dont want my car looking like a 4x4 anymore...and dont bitch because i know this has been brought up hundreds of times :bitching: , but theres really only one answer per topic. So id you have this setup post pics if you can

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Maybe if you posted in the correct forum you would get more help.

No matter how low you drop your car, your Hiper is going to scrape. I know I don't have the Hiper, but from what I've seen/heard, it even scrapes at stock height.

·
Registered
197 Posts
yeah, i scraped my blitz last night at stock hight with 2 skinny people in the back. It sounded really bad, but when i looked at it, it wasn't a big deal. You're just going to have to face the fact that your gonna scrape it occasionally. After the first couple it probably won't bother you as much :D .

Next week i'm going to put on some Tein S-techs, then i will have to be extra careful.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this is what i heard...people put on the hiper on stock height, then are scared to drop it because it scrapes with people in the back; but from what i hear, the teins dont compress as much so the springs wont be THAT low...but its still lower... :-?

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have the HT springs with Hiper, I only scrap when I have ppl in the back and im not extremely careful. Otherwise, just remember to take steep inclines at an angle and you will be fine. The drop from the Tein springs isnt that much so it shouldnt affect it tremendously. Its worth the sleek look in my opinion. Go for iT!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
westside IS said:
I have the HT springs with Hiper, I only scrap when I have ppl in the back and im not extremely careful. Otherwise, just remember to take steep inclines at an angle and you will be fine. The drop from the Tein springs isnt that much so it shouldnt affect it tremendously. Its worth the sleek look in my opinion. Go for iT!

THANK YOU! :D

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have a Hiper and I'm dropping the car 1 inch with eibach's. Solution to me is simple, if you scrape, dont take passengers in the back seat...They'll slow you down anyways :D

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
geez, i must be crazy...
i am primarliy only using hks as i tune my car next year, and already have plans to install hiper and hks springs (2 inch drop).

it will look clean as hell, with about a one finger gap all around, and i am depending on the springs to have a high enough compression ratio to prevent the car from bottoming out.

if it all works, the car will glide right along just a few inches from the ground... good thing i live in la and not bfe middle-america somewhere: nothing but smooth paved road for miles.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
You will definately scrape. I scraped a few times with my hiper at stock height. But I guess it doesn't really matter since no one is really going to see the damage done to your exhaust.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
8 Participants
Aubie83
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing