Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home late Friday night, and I caught myself daydreaming. Its like I was one million miles out in space because the car is SO quiet and smooth. I have talked to a few Lexus owners who say they do the same thing, so this seems to be common. Do you IS (and other Lexus owners) sometimes slip into a "trance" when driving because of the isolation?

------------------
Rob
3series fun+ Japanese reliability=IS300

·
11,062 Posts
Can't do much day-dreaming in the Seattle metro area...unless you're suicidal. I lived in Texas for a few years...nothin' quite like the open road. I need to go out to eastern Washington and cruise when the weather gets better. My problem is that the car just wants to GO and sometimes it doesn't seem like it's going as fast as it is.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
Make the trip from Boston to CT almost every weekend.

Sleep the whole way on the MA pike, but once I get into CT...something about the highway keeps me up. I think it's all the hoodlums driving on it.

Usually I wake up when the tail lights start looking like airplanes. Then I get scared enough to wake up for the rest of the ride.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Originally posted by SeattleSheila:
Can't do much day-dreaming in the Seattle metro area...unless you're suicidal. I lived in Texas for a few years...nothin' quite like the open road. I need to go out to eastern Washington and cruise when the weather gets better. My problem is that the car just wants to GO and sometimes it doesn't seem like it's going as fast as it is.
Very true, Seattle traffic keeps on getting worse every year. It also seems that the average IQ of the drivers up here has dropped significantly. After a quick jaunt down I-5 you will see people doing 55 in the left lane and 80 in the right, people weaving like crazy, NO turn signals, and cops waiting to nail YOU but none of the other idiots out there. A good place to get your speed on is north of Mount Vernon just before Bellingham. There is about 2 miles of slight downhill perfectly smooth freeway, perfect for a quick run into the 140's.

·
11,062 Posts
Originally posted by LegendC:
Very true, Seattle traffic keeps on getting worse every year. It also seems that the average IQ of the drivers up here has dropped significantly. After a quick jaunt down I-5 you will see people doing 55 in the left lane and 80 in the right, people weaving like crazy, NO turn signals, and cops waiting to nail YOU but none of the other idiots out there. A good place to get your speed on is north of Mount Vernon just before Bellingham. There is about 2 miles of slight downhill perfectly smooth freeway, perfect for a quick run into the 140's.

I'll have to try that area up north of Mount Vernon. Hey, we're both in Federal Way! You aren't driving one of those white IS300s I've seen around, are you?

·
11,062 Posts
Oh, and for an example of Seattle-area idiots: I was driving down the freeway at 70 mph in the right lane (yeah, everyone was going faster)...and a little pick-up with huge wheels comes up behind me, rides my bumper and flashes his lights. Then he got disgusted, passed me and started weaving in and out of the traffic. I mean...sh___! I was minding my own business in the SLOW LANE. If I'd had an older car, and the freeway hadn't been so crowded I would have tapped the breaks in front of him.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
I wouldn't say it induced a trance, but I used to make my winter weekend drives up to VT in a honda civic, which was, as you know, a CHEAP car. The first time I did it in the Lex, it was as if I was in the car for 1/2 the time. I didn't drive that much faster, but the noise was so much less that I barely noticed the trip. at 75 mph I had no need to crank the music, and then yell over it to talk to my friends. It's one of the greatest qualities of lexus automobiles.

·
11,062 Posts
Originally posted by SeattleSheila:
Oh, and for an example of Seattle-area idiots: I was driving down the freeway at 70 mph in the right lane (yeah, everyone was going faster)...and a little pick-up with huge wheels comes up behind me, rides my bumper and flashes his lights. Then he got disgusted, passed me and started weaving in and out of the traffic. I mean...sh___! I was minding my own business in the SLOW LANE. If I'd had an older car, and the freeway hadn't been so crowded I would have tapped the breaks in front of him.
Uh, that's "brakes". I goofed.

·
Registered
112 Posts
[/b][/QUOTE]
I'll have to try that area up north of Mount Vernon. Hey, we're both in Federal Way! You aren't driving one of those white IS300s I've seen around, are you? [/B][/QUOTE]

Small world, huh. Sorry, not a Lexus owner. I have a 94 Acura Legend Coupe. I have love the IS300 and enjoy the chat over here (Its fun to watch you Lex folks argue with the CL-S folks) . What color is your IS? I have only seen about 3 in Fed Way, two SMB's and a white. BTW have you noticed how bad the traffic in Fed Way is getting. Damn construction has the whole mall area mucked up. Plus I think we have about 15,000 new people in the area. CRAPPY.

·
Registered
124 Posts
If you think I-5 is bad, try 405. There is no such thing as a fast lane there. Also, I know what you mean about that stretch before Bellingham. I commuted up to WWU my last quarter and everyday to avoid being late for class I would drive 110-120 on that rode to catch up on time. There is absolutely nowhere for the cops to sit and rarely anybody around to get in your way. There's also Chuckanut Drive outside of Bellingham, perfect road with lots of twisties to have fun with.

·
11,062 Posts
I'll have to try that area up north of Mount Vernon. Hey, we're both in Federal Way! You aren't driving one of those white IS300s I've seen around, are you? [/b][/QUOTE]

Small world, huh. Sorry, not a Lexus owner. I have a 94 Acura Legend Coupe. I have love the IS300 and enjoy the chat over here (Its fun to watch you Lex folks argue with the CL-S folks) . What color is your IS? I have only seen about 3 in Fed Way, two SMB's and a white. BTW have you noticed how bad the traffic in Fed Way is getting. Damn construction has the whole mall area mucked up. Plus I think we have about 15,000 new people in the area. CRAPPY.[/B][/QUOTE]

I'm a blue one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
8 Participants
PMD911
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing